Non FC midi for Axe Fx III

If you're still looking for an inexpensive MIDI footswitch, this is the best value I'm aware of right now:

Biggest con is that the footswitch spacing is a little tight.

I'm also a fan of the Ampero Control 4, but I don't know whether 4 switches would be enough for you?

If you're still looking for an inexpensive MIDI footswitch, this is the best value I'm aware of right now:

Biggest con is that the footswitch spacing is a little tight.

I'm also a fan of the Ampero Control 4, but I don't know whether 4 switches would be enough for you?
I've been following your thread on that! You said there were issues with an expression pedal? Not a deal breaker but a little unfortunate.

I honestly just need to change scenes lol I like the MC line but at the price I might as well just get a used FC6

Last edited:
I've been following your thread on that! You said there were issues with an expression pedal? Not a deal breaker but a little unfortunate.

I honestly just need to change scenes lol I like the MC like but at the price I might as well just get a used FC6
How many scenes (i.e. switches) do you need? And how sensitive are you about space between switches?

The expression pedal issue is (probably) not related to the MIDI Captain, but rather to the Ampero Press expression pedal itself. I think they used an oddball potentiometer value in that pedal. My other pedals work fine. The built-in wireless is proprietary and requires use of their MIDI Mate adaptor, which won't talk to my EV-1-WL. But I can't ding the MIDI Captain on having non-CME/ Boss compatible wireless; I'm amazed it has wireless at all!

I could get by with 4 and I'm not picky about spacing.
And I should have asked earlier - are you taking this on stage, or is this for home use?

If you just want 4 switches, and keeping things small is attractive, the Ampero Control 4 is very nice. It's a little more finicky to program in spite of (or because of?) its having a "slick" iOS editor. But mechanically, it's top notch.

But the MIDI Captain gives you an additional 6(!) switches for another $40(!), and its integrated wireless is superior in terms of latency. Honestly, I think anybody who needs a foot controller owes it themselves to check this out. Features per dollar, I'm not aware of anything close. Amazon will take it back if you hate it, anyway. :)

Last edited:
I'm a homebody so just studio! I don't really need a midi controller but I'm trying to find something cost effective! I'll check out your suggestions
If you're insanely fussy about smooth switches, Ampero Control 4. Otherwise, MIDI Captain all day long. Serious no-brainer, really. For home use, I'd go so far as to say you ought to buy the MIDI Captain + MIDI Mate bundle.

I know I sound like a used car salesman/ evangelist, but I've been chasing these things down for a long time. There's not a lot of competition in this price range.

$120:

$160:

$185:

If you're insanely fussy about smooth switches, Ampero Control 4. Otherwise, MIDI Captain all day long. Serious no-brainer, really. For home use, I'd go so far as to say you ought to buy the MIDI Captain + MIDI Mate bundle.

I know I sound like a used car salesman/ evangelist, but I've been chasing these things down for a long time. There's not a lot of competition in this price range.

$120:

$160:

$185:

Awesome! I really appreciate your effort in replying!

Back