NMD: Well it's sorta like a guitar?

Warmart

Roadie
You never know what could happen when I walk into a guitar store. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I could walk out with an Eastman F-style Mandolin, for starters.

Not really fitting for this forum but this is the closest one. Never even played a Mandolin but always wanted to doink around on one. We'll see what becomes of it. It's an odd beast but sounds really nice, so wth.

Think I've heard some others here have one? Throw me some tips if you don't mind. Already needs locking tuners :unsure: but they did put fresh strings on it.

Me likey the fretboard!
20240217_190240.jpg

You never know what could happen when I walk into a guitar store. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I could walk out with an Eastman F-style Mandolin, for starters.

Not really fitting for this forum but this is the closest one. Never even played a Mandolin but always wanted to doink around on one. We'll see what becomes of it. It's an odd beast but sounds really nice, so wth.

Think I've heard some others here have one? Throw me some tips if you don't mind. Already needs locking tuners :unsure: but they did put fresh strings on it.

Me likey the fretboard!
View attachment 18771

Sweet! :banana

I take my Ibby Acoustic-Electric Mandolin to band practice a few times throughout the year.
They sure don't work for everything.

They are fun around the campfire, too, if too many full bodied acoustics are being played.

Locking tuners??!! Haha. you crack me up!!! :LOL:

I almost played one for the first time a few weeks ago, but got caught up playing the Banjuitar (Banjo Guitar, so 6 string banjo, guitar tuning) that they had in stock. Guy at the shop said mandolin was just like a bass guitar tuning, but upside down! Don't know if that is correct or not, but good luck with it, looks like fun!!

Nice! My dad was a bluegrass mandolin player. Enjoy! :beer

It’s tuned the same as a fiddle, so lots of carryover, song-wise. And with the strings tuned in fifths, you can get nice ringing open-string stuff. Great in key of G, D, and A. Can also get a lot of mileage out of two or three basic chord shapes, for more closed-position stuff (ie. not relying on open strings).

Back