NMD: Line 6 Helix Floor

They're slowing down with updates!
Helix 3 confirmed!
bruce lee shock GIF

I think from my standpoint Helix is pretty complete, outside of Eventide micropitch style detune and maybe some higher gain drive pedals.

Nice! This isn't your first go round with the full deal, I assume? Report back when you can \m/

Little late getting back here. So the gig went great and I LOVE the Floor as an all-in-one pedalboard in 4cm. Such a well-designed unit and I'm just a longtime fan of all HX effects in general. Perfect size, switch layout, love the expression pedal, super easy in-out of the Gator case I picked up for it. Just a sleeky and sexy setup.

Also, again, a big added plus is the vocal processing, love how it gives them a lift in clarity/presence and I can have fun with some echo, etc.

Very happy overall!

Little late getting back here. So the gig went great and I LOVE the Floor as an all-in-one pedalboard in 4cm. Such a well-designed unit and I'm just a longtime fan of all HX effects in general. Perfect size, switch layout, love the expression pedal, super easy in-out of the Gator case I picked up for it. Just a sleeky and sexy setup.

Also, again, a big added plus is the vocal processing, love how it gives them a lift in clarity/presence and I can have fun with some echo, etc.

Very happy overall!
It sounds like you found the one! :love

Very happy overall!
Totally agree, the Floor does 99,9% of the things one might need, unless you have really special requirements, imho.

My only gripe is that even with the most robust/protected modeler, I'd always wanna bring at least some sort of backup solution that goes beyond "just the amp", no matter if it's waiting in a bag backstage, or in the trunk of our car...

Because you never know.

Totally agree, the Floor does 99,9% of the things one might need, unless you have really special requirements, imho.

My only gripe is that even with the most robust/protected modeler, I'd always wanna bring at least some sort of backup solution that goes beyond "just the amp", no matter if it's waiting in a bag backstage, or in the trunk of our car...

Because you never know.

Yes, I've got all backup covered:

- if my Mesa goes down, I have a ss power amp (ISP Stealth Pro) + the Helix and my cab (or Helix straight to PA)

- if my Helix goes down in 4cm, I can survive with the clean/crunch/lead pedal for my Mesa, which I always bring

- if I'm ever going full-modeler, I still have my little Stomp + HX One board to bring as backup for the Helix

Yes, I've got all backup covered:

- if my Mesa goes down, I have a ss power amp (ISP Stealth Pro) + the Helix and my cab (or Helix straight to PA)

- if my Helix goes down in 4cm, I can survive with the clean/crunch/lead pedal for my Mesa, which I always bring

- if I'm ever going full-modeler, I still have my little Stomp + HX One board to bring as backup for the Helix
That sounds like a good plan! 😎👌

I played a recent gig with my backup board, because I didn't feel like bringing the Floor to a beer-soaked venue with a tiny, shallow stage.

Worked just fine, of course, but it was hefty luggage. I gotta change the backup rig to HX FX and a couple pedals, rather than bringing a board full of (affordable/minimal-risk stuff).

At the same time, I keep wondering if my expensive/boutique pedals will ever see use, besides at home or maybe in the studio. 🤷‍♂️

Money for nothing, I guess? 😁

I was running my PodGo into the power input of a Catalyst last weekend, when it occurred to me that the Catalyst could also be my backup rig. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought about it like that before.

Back