NID: SSL 2+ inbound

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
In all honesty I don't know a whole lot about home recording or interfaces really. I needed to replace my desktop interface and a friend told me to get the SSL2+ so thats what I did. I am sure it's an upgrade from my Presonus USB 96. Sam Ash had a NOS SSL2+ for 199 bucks so why not?

They're good units from the comments I've seen, without going into RME BabyFace money or higher.

Yeah the only negative I have seen so far in the reviews I have watched is that the noise is a bit high compared to UAD and Apogee units BUT those are also more expensive. I really just do scratch tracks at home and an audio engineer friend of mine will master everything for me. For free of all things so I cant complain about that. My Presonus volume knob has gone to hell so I figure I'll upgrade instead of just getting another Presonus.

Excuse my dumbness but what dat for?
Despite claims to the contrary by apple cultists, it is still EXTREMELY difficult to properly move realtime audio from one program to another safely, Windows OR Mac...Think of things like wanting to add a vst compressor to your in game voice for instance, or streaming your DAW, plus other youtube channels to OBS while playing your guitar with low enough latency to make sense. Loopback drivers make this really much more sane.

Back