Need to rebuild home studio. Mac Mini content...

I've also specifically avoided os-specific software whenever I could. There are a few things that have to change (e.g., KeyboardMaestro on macOS vs. AutoHotKey on Windows), but for the most part everything I do with music is reasonably OS-independent, just so I can switch if I need to.

I always liked that thought, too, so when Apple bought Emagic I thought I'd go back to Cubase (which is what I started with back in the Atari days) at first, but at that very time, Cubase VST (3.5 or 3.7 or something) was so horrible any unreliably on my otherwise perfectly working custom Windows PC, so I just stayed with Logic and didn't update for a while (actually quite a long while), until Apple came along with their move to Intel and those smaller Macbooks which, at least when using Logic, mopped the floor with even some pretty elaborated Windows workstations. Back then, that was absolutely stunning. And well, that sealed the deal for me and now I really can't exactly go back. Ah well, of course I could, but I absolutely don't feel like. I'm a Logic user for somewhat over 2.5 decades by now and instead of a tool it rather feels like an instrument in my hands - which says quite something in my book.

Back