NGD: Baby’s First Telecaster (40th Anniversary Squier)

The Strat I have has a Gold Anodized Pickguard. Apparently the tones lurk in those aluminum guards.
Just ask Rabea. :chef

Not a joke post. For real. :idk

Last edited:
Shipped!

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 19-47-08 Track a package.png

How you liking yours @eggpl@nt ???

Shipped!

View attachment 10381
How you liking yours @eggpl@nt ???
Congrats! I've barely touched mine since Sunday. Work has been cRaZY. I played it a bit unplugged during a meeting today, and I'm definitely still happy with the purchase. (No buyer's remorse is always a good sign!) It's smooth and resonant, and I've enjoyed what little time I've spent with it.

I did spend a minute (like literally 60 seconds) comparing the nut width and feel of the Squier to my Albert Lee (no specific reason; picked a guitar at random). In even a short time, I'm not finding it too difficult to adjust to the string spacing of the Squier, but the EBMM dimensions still feel a bit more like home.

Sometimes a tele is the most perfect guitar and all you'll ever need. It's just right there, no fuss.
I have entertained this though for 1 microsecond: What if I just sell all my Balls and collect a few Tele variants that cover different pickup configurations (SS, HH, HSS, SSS, etc)?

Congrats! I've barely touched mine since Sunday. Work has been cRaZY. I played it a bit unplugged during a meeting today, and I'm definitely still happy with the purchase. (No buyer's remorse is always a good sign!) It's smooth and resonant, and I've enjoyed what little time I've spent with it.

I did spend a minute (like literally 60 seconds) comparing the nut width and feel of the Squier to my Albert Lee (no specific reason; picked a guitar at random). In even a short time, I'm not finding it too difficult to adjust to the string spacing of the Squier, but the EBMM dimensions still feel a bit more like home.

I love that you have an EBMM Albert Lee Sig and a Squier Tele! :beer

Found myself in guitar center yesterday (good lord has it been a month filled with shuttling people back and forth to The City) and played one of these in red. It looked, felt, and played really nice. Didn’t plug it in, but was nice and jangly unplugged, which isn’t always the case on the Squier stuff. Neck, as a lot of the classic vibe necks do, feels on the wide side of 11/16. Not crazy, just on the hefty side of the tolerance, if that makes sense. It’s crazy how different such small measurements on nut width can make to feel - 5/8, 1.65, and 11/16 all feel decidedly different.

Cool guitar for the money!!

Last edited:
I love that you have an EBMM Albert Lee Sig and a Squier Tele! :beer
I bought most of my Balls before the crazy price hikes of the last few years. I paid $900 for my SSS Cutlass and $1400 (!!) for a Mint JP6 in Mystic Dream. My EBMM acquisitions have drastically slowed.

Fortunately, there are fine guitars at all (most?) price points.

It’s a great time to be… never mind… I won’t say it.

It's a fun little Tele.

20230904_144127.jpg

20230904_144234.jpg

Satin neck feels nice. Tint on the neck looks great. I hate those overly white/pale Squier Maple neck finishes.

Probably going to find some Brass Saddles ASAP. Pickups can stay for now. Not going to do the automatic
Gear Forum reaction of replacement pups. So don't be Ron Ellising me. K? :LOL:

It's fun to play and is my most Telecaster Telecaster. I don't play a traditional Telecaster enough to want to
invest much $$ into that style. Crazy what you can get for $300. Crazy! :beer

Back