NGD: 1993 Ibanez JS6

That thing is sexy as hell and SO clean! :love

Reminds me of the first RG I ever bought. I think it was the RG321MH?
I generally don't like unfinished / matte guitars, but that oiled mahogany look is so nice. Like an old rifle or something.

Congrats!

Good call … lol

IMG_4869.jpeg

1990s Husqvarna in 30-06

JS6
JS600 (same as above but Cosmo Chrome hardware and additional inlay)
JS700 (P90’s, Stoptail, and Trans Red finish)
JS1600 (silver poly finish)
JS2000 (fixed Lo-Pro Edge and gold finish
JS6000 (same as JS600 but offered in additional Trans Red finish)
JS6 is my dream guitar; simply amazing.

The JS600 was a turd. I had one; it was a Korean model, back when MIK didn’t mean what it does now. The JS700 was MIJ first, but then moved to MIK. The JS6000 IIRC was nearly functionally identical in specs and quality to the JS6. I’ve got the JS2000, and it’s my main guitar. With the FX Edge, it never goes out of tune.

JS6 is my dream guitar; simply amazing.

The JS600 was a turd. I had one; it was a Korean model, back when MIK didn’t mean what it does now. The JS700 was MIJ first, but then moved to MIK. The JS6000 IIRC was nearly functionally identical in specs and quality to the JS6. I’ve got the JS2000, and it’s my main guitar. With the FX Edge, it never goes out of tune.
Has Ibanez used the fixed Edge in any other models? It’s such oddball. I believe Rick Graham has or had a JS2000. Don’t see many of those around.

Has Ibanez used the fixed Edge in any other models? It’s such oddball. I believe Rick Graham has or had a JS2000. Don’t see many of those around.
It was on a couple Mick Thompsons, and is still currently on the Meshuggah 8’s. No others though, which is too bad.

1697760349301.jpeg

Woohoo! Those early 90s Wizard necks are the best there is, IMO. Enjoy the moment!
The original R-Series use the Ultra neck profile, not the Wizard.

I think the JS models have their own variant but I have no first hand experience.

Not sure if the JS6 neck is different than the other JS models, because this one is definitely more of a C. Maybe slightly flat on the back? It’s very similar to the neck on my Strat.

Just checked it out a little closer. Definitely D-ish, but nowhere near say, a Charvel Speed Neck or Fender D. But not as much shoulder as a C.

Yeah, first time I ever played a JS it was immediately after I played a JEM. VERY different necks and it caused a “WTF?” experience for me. JEM is wide, flat and thicker than a standard Wizard and the JS felt like picking up a really tiny Strat neck. That would have been an older 90’s JS1000, the white or black one. I don’t think he’s changed the neck specs up much over the years though? Seems the biggest differences in the JS’s were pickups/finishes until he went with 24 fretters. Dude’s been a die-hard with that neck joint, though!

Back