File this under Modeling. It’s not always Digital.

I think the Peavey Vypyr might have been a digitally controlled analog modeling amp? Or something like that. It's not good, but it's something.

Boss OD-200 is also a hybrid of analog drive components with digital controls. Again not sure if it's any good.

The Blues Cubes are mostly analog, but the Katanas have had some analog elements but mostly digital modeling from the beginning.
At the other place, everyone is saying Katana isn't a modeler. I always thought it was a modeler and thought I was crazy.

That's strange. When Katanas first came out, everyone was saying the modeling is NOT digital, that it's all analog. That Katanas are not modelers. Now I'm confused!

I definitely recall this being discussed when the Katana first came out, but no. Apparently Katanas are basically a GT-100 bundled with a nice A/B power section.

At the other place, everyone is saying Katana..
People at TOP also think it's an "FRFR" :bonk

Katana's have an analog input section, digital effects and Preamps, analog power section and a guitar speaker. Say this at TGP and run before heads explode.

They may not "model" any specific preamps, at least not on the faceplate, but they have digital Preamps.

That's strange. When Katanas first came out, everyone was saying the modeling is NOT digital, that it's all analog. That Katanas are not modelers. Now I'm confused!
I mean, you can expand the amps to include all the ones included in the GT-100 via USB. It's Boss -- they always hide the ball with weird marketing, but...it's just a digital modeler. Same with the Blues cube stuff (that you can expand to include different amp models via some weird tube thing that is...just a USB stick, basically.

At the other place, everyone is saying Katana isn't a modeler. I always thought it was a modeler and thought I was crazy.
You're not he crazy one. That was the same place where they were talking about the "sneaky amps" thing. Which was digital by definition.

There are analog aspects to Tube Logic, but there is modeling in th4ere for certain.

Which demographic are you if you started out with a Gorilla GG-20? Asking for a friend....
Same demographic. The Gorilla was your first amp before you stepped up to the Bandit, your first "real" amp. Because it had reverb, which you turned up to 10 for 6-12 months before somebody grabbed it and turned it down to a more reasonable value and you realized how much better it sounded.

Same demographic. The Gorilla was your first amp before you stepped up to the Bandit, your first "real" amp. Because it had reverb, which you turned up to 10 for 6-12 months before somebody grabbed it and turned it down to a more reasonable value and you realized how much better it sounded.
Actually, I stepped up to a Marshall mini stack which was like moving from a Chevette to a Corvette, as far as 16-year-old me was concerned. The only Peavey amp I've owned was a JSX 20-ish years later.

Which demographic are you if you started out with a Gorilla GG-20? Asking for a friend....

I "upgraded" to a Gorilla GG-20 for my second amp!

My first amp was a "Kramer" tiny solid state amp that was part of a $200 guitar and amp package we got from Sam's Club in 1995.

Please.

Y'all was riding in luxury, compared to me. In order of receivership/usage:

1. Sears catalog "007" amp, handed down by my cousin, (although it was a 5 watt tube amp).
2. Crate CR110 (probably sounded worse than a Gorilla)
3. (didn't own, but borrowed) my friend's Peavey Bandit, that we both used, because we both (switched back and forth), played bass and guitar in the same band.
4. (didn't own, but borrowed) my friend's Randall RG80 for high school senior year.
5. Took my Scholz Rockman to college.

The above was from around 1982-1987. It wasn't until 1988 or so, that I got/owned a "real" piece of gear, my Roland GP-8, and subsequently, built a rack around an ADA MP-1.

FWIW, I was really hopeful for the Vox AV series that came out some years back. Those had some really good tones, BUT the white noise floor at idle was just annoying AF - I'm talking higher than Fender FR levels - and the noise got REALLY noticeable as the volume went up.

FWIW, I was really hopeful for the Vox AV series that came out some years back. Those had some really good tones, BUT the white noise floor at idle was just annoying AF - I'm talking higher than Fender FR levels - and the noise got REALLY noticeable as the volume went up.
That's too bad. Surprised it didn't have a built-in noise gate. Even the tiny DA5 (great little amp btw) had one?

In the same realm of analog modeling, I wouldn't mind checking this out:

Back