New Vai Rig Rundown

Get back to work you fokker!! :rofl

Oh shit. I have to go, too!!

running falling GIF

Get back to work you fokker!! :rofl

Oh shit. I have to go, too!!

running falling GIF

It’s “Oh there’s Drew! He looks busy, now is probably a good time to stop and verbally report work orders to him instead of submitting them via the portal…..he’ll definitely remember all those details” day on the property today. I’m hiding in my office. :rofl

It’s “Oh there’s Drew! He looks busy, now is probably a good time to stop and verbally report work orders to him instead of submitting them via the portal…..he’ll definitely remember all those details” day on the property today. I’m hiding in my office. :rofl
:rollsafe:love:sofa

Dang! No office to hide in. I am jealous. Going to be watching that Vai RR while I grill an Whole Chicken when I get home tonight. :chef

I had no idea that Thomas Nordegg moved on. The new guy seems really sharp.

I got the idea on the last tour Thomas was still around but was just handling the guitars at that point. (still haven’t watched the whole vid)

Watching it now and the thing that gets me the most about this tech is that he talks just like Vai! All his inflections, his word choice, the jokes, the praise for others…..holy shit, man. The only difference is the actual tone of voice. I had to check to see if it was one of his sons or not.

Edit- Evo’s tone control is disabled. No shit.

I had no idea that Thomas Nordegg moved on. The new guy seems really sharp.

Wow, yeah, that’s a surprise. I’d imagine Thomas is up there in age. This new dude is great, though! That was a Vai fanboy’s ideal Rig Rundown; dude went into better, legit detail about the guitars than Thomas or Vai ever has. Both those guys would mix up the names of things, namely the Edge/LoPro Edge, pickup names and JEM models, this dude had it all down. (Except it was 5 7V’s Ibanez sent him they were testing Dimarzio’s with, the 5th one is Pogo, who his former tech Roger Bell owns…along with EVO’s original neck)

Glad to see that UV90th getting some use, it’s a bummer they didn’t release that one. And I’m guessing the setlist isn’t calling for any songs he recorded with them, but there’s no PIA’s.

Just saw that Vai, Satriani and Johnson will be in my neck of the woods in January to kick off the 2024 G3 tour.

Hype!!

Edit: just bought 2 tix for me and my dad.. he went to g3 with me back in '99ish... good times!

Last edited:
Evo’s tone control is disabled. No shit.
Yeh I was kinda surprised by that as well but then I realised that Steve barely ever uses it. With that 60ft cable run, I think he will want to retain as much high end in the guitar as he can. Extra Jumbo frets help, EVO gold frets help, and of course now the tone control being bypassed also adds to that.

REALLY cool rundown btw!

Back