New Schecter Nick Johnston MII missing ground wire to trem claw

deepskyone

Groupie
That's not right, or is it? The hole in the body is there but no wire to be seen and no solder on the claw, so I guess it was forgotten?
Or is it not strictly necessary?

IMG_4010.jpeg

If it’s got active pickups it doesn’t need it. I never remove it entirely when swapping something out for actives, just roll it up and tape it to the inside in case I change pickups again.

If they’re passive, I’d imagine there’s some buzzing going on unless they snuck it somewhere else, but that’d be a bit odd.

I ground with active or passive pickups.
Active pickups have less magnetic field and will pick up less noise form you being a giant antenna, but grounding the strings still has benefit even with active pickups, in my experience.

Especially with Shecter. Don't they have QC done overseas then done again in the States?
I am based in Europe, guess they do not that here. Vendor opened the box and "checked" it but they also missed that the tone knob falls off when you look at it weirdly.

Man, I am pissed 🤬 That's what you get for ordering online.

So, what's next? Play QC lottery? The neck feels great but this definitely leaves a bad taste. Or do you folks want to recommend something else? I am looking for a modern HSS strat that does not break the bank...

Wow!!! Kinda surprised seeing that, though not completely. I ordered a Schecter Omen model that I returned because of the poor quality on the example I received. Sent it back. I agree with those about checking with seller and seeing about a discount or having them pay for the fix. If not, I’d seriously give these guitars a look…like this one for starters…

Wow!!! Kinda surprised seeing that, though not completely. I ordered a Schecter Omen model that I returned because of the poor quality on the example I received. Sent it back. I agree with those about checking with seller and seeing about a discount or having them pay for the fix. If not, I’d seriously give these guitars a look…like this one for starters…

Love my LTD EC-1000 Deluxe, came out box with 0 issues intonation was spot on just adjust the height to my liking

Love my LTD EC-1000 Deluxe, came out box with 0 issues intonation was spot on just adjust the height to my liking
Same here with my humble EC-256. Was perfect from the beginning and only needed to be set up to my liking. The ESP/LTD are top shelf for sure…at least to me

So, shop said either I fix it myself (with no discount) or I send it back, get refunded, and order again. Did latter and today they cancelled my order because the only other specimen they have in stock is broken as well (misaligned trem). It seems Schecter's QC is not what it used to be.

No more Indonesian Schecter for me then...

That’s disappointing, Schecter was better than that in the past. I hope this isn’t a sign that things are slipping.

I once had a brand new GT-500 shipped to me direct from Fulltone missing the ground wire to the jack. Took me a few days of back and forth with CS to convince them it wasn’t just user error :rolleyes:

Back