New management/direction at Marshall

I just asked my wife and she’s very familiar. We also have a non stop flow of yarn and fabric into the house.
The same here. Sometimes my job will want us to turn on our web cams during Teams calls. All they see is a 6 foot tall cubby thing of yarn that takes up the entire wall behind me. Lol

I think it'd be kind of cool if Marshall stepped into the modeling game and just stuck to Marshalls, but also took full advantage of the modeling world by having a 'Mod Shop' within an editor where you can pick from a list of popular mods and trick out your own Marshalls. Component based, put some tutorials on YouTube for people to get some basic info on how the mods work and then let 'em roll their own within a certain set of parameters.

It'll be excellent prep work for when they eventually buy a Fractal.

IK Multimedia nailed the Jimi Hendrix Plugin like 10 years ago or more. I always thought that one was pretty good.

I think it'd be kind of cool if Marshall stepped into the modeling game and just stuck to Marshalls, but also took full advantage of the modeling world by having a 'Mod Shop' within an editor where you can pick from a list of popular mods and trick out your own Marshalls. Component based, put some tutorials on YouTube for people to get some basic info on how the mods work and then let 'em roll their own within a certain set of parameters.

It'll be excellent prep work for when they eventually buy a Fractal.
Softube did some cool stuff with Marshall and it’s a pretty good company for them to be tied with, given digital modelling is hardly what Marshall are known for. I hope with the Swedes in charge those ties get strengthened, but sometimes with new ownership they just totally want to abandon existing arrangements and pave their own way.

I’d 100000000% rather Marshall partner/outsource any digital stuff, and work with them/sign it off rather than attempting to do it in house.

We all like to think of Marshall as a certain type of company in our heads, but really what they bring to the world is the ability to churn out an insane number of fairly plain amps+products at competitive prices with strong branding/association. There’s been a few interesting twists along the way (COULD be an argument them inventing the concept of a 4x12 1960A+B design is a much bigger deal than is ever mentioned), but I think largely their schtick has been to make fairly straight forward, no nonsense, no frills amps that look and sound how you imagine. Some exceptions to the rule for sure.

The rest is about how they are able to do that at unimaginable scale (while having basically all of the guitar gods who’ve lived associated with the brand).

Back