New management/direction at Marshall

I told my girlfriend that I completely got the thread off topic and she got a kick and a good laugh out of it. Worth it.
Ill Take It Glass Animals GIF by Billboard Music Awards

I guess I’m gonna be the odd man out and admit excitement to see where this goes.

When I reach for a Marshall, it’s all straight up 4-hole Superleads and single channel 800s or GTFO. Build those at different price points, maybe even offer a line of authentic looking modeling heads ala the tonemaster stuff. Include some QOL updates like switchable bright caps, something to simulate jumping inputs, a PPIV master.

Then offer a $3k flagship that gets both circuits in the same head, maybe with an FX loop, IR loader, MIDI. Maybe a 3rd Jubilee channel even though it’s not my thing.

I could be tempted.

I guess I’m gonna be the odd man out and admit excitement to see where this goes.

When I reach for a Marshall, it’s all straight up 4-hole Superleads and single channel 800s or GTFO. Build those at different price points, maybe even offer a line of authentic looking modeling heads ala the tonemaster stuff. Include some QOL updates like switchable bright caps, something to simulate jumping inputs, a PPIV master.

Then offer a $3k flagship that gets both circuits in the same head, maybe with an FX loop, IR loader, MIDI. Maybe a 3rd Jubilee channel even though it’s not my thing.

I could be tempted.

I’d be all for what you said. My dream amp would be something like 2 800s in one 20” wide head with a variable bright cap control for each channel, separate PPIV master for each channel, FX loop, and a good IR based XLR line out with an internal load.

What I’m worried about reading this article is that what they’re going to focus on instead is building expensive replicas of their classic amps for collectors, not players.

We’ll see

I’d be all for what you said. My dream amp would be something like 2 800s in one 20” wide head with a variable bright cap control for each channel, separate PPIV master for each channel, FX loop, and a good IR based XLR line out with an internal load.
The world really needs more amps with multiple identical channels, but ones that are capable of a broad range of tones.

For myself I generally don't need anything more than a Superlead type sound and my guitar volume, tone knobs and pickup selector to get enough out of it.

What I’m worried about reading this article is that what they’re going to focus on instead is building expensive replicas of their classic amps for collectors, not players.

We’ll see
That's probably exactly what will happen.

The Friedman Twin Sister and the Mesa Boogie Fillmores are the only two I can think of off the
top of my head that have that cloned channel thing going on. :idk

The Mike Landau hot rod deville got rid of the drive channel and came with two identical clean channels. A friend of mine has one and it's really cool, much better than having the drive channel that nobody really uses.

The Friedman Twin Sister and the Mesa Boogie Fillmores are the only two I can think of off the
top of my head that have that cloned channel thing going on. :idk

Stiletto has it, too (although some say they’re slightly different).

lets hope they dont get into modeling like fender and release a unit that "tries" to model anything other then marshall...

Back