New management/direction at Marshall

metropolis_4

Shredder
I have some mixed feelings about this. Great to hear there will be a focus on the offerings from England, but I’m not entirely thrilled about the idea of Marshall focusing on replicas of their vintage amps.

I feel that works for Gibson because so little has changed in what most guitarists need in an electric guitar. But amps are a totally different story.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/marshall-ceo-new-british-made-amps

Futurama Whatever GIF

Well, Marshall dude says “We want to enhance our legacy” and the article says “They want to do their legacy”. They’re already doing their legacy, pretty sure that’s all they’ve been doing for a long time now and I’m assuming that’s the exact issue the new guy sees.

JCMaster Pro™ coming soon.

They can keep doing the heritage thing AND break out some modern products. Hopefully they'll get into things like a preamp similar to Friedman IR-X, for example.

Even if they looked at some things that make sense with how people tend to use gear now. I'd like to see some of those 20 watt models reworked to include a decent reactive load and IR loader. Look at sticking some power scaling into some of the units.

Also to bring down prices in the states I'd probably build some Marshalls out there. They already build in Vietnam so why not build high quality Marshalls under license in the US so they can actually compete for some market share. You can still offer the uber expensive UK made handwired for the dude with too much money who wants it but do a more cost effective no real compromise gigging amp to reinvigorate the brand in such a large market.

Even if they looked at some things that make sense with how people tend to use gear now. I'd like to see some of those 20 watt models reworked to include a decent reactive load and IR loader. Look at sticking some power scaling into some of the units.
Yeah in their current form the 20 watters make little sense to me. Their power scaling is woefully inadequate for the kind of amps they are.

Yeah in their current form the 20 watters make little sense to me. Their power scaling is woefully inadequate for the kind of amps they are.

Yeah, literally every single review I’ve read of that amp from regular guitarists and not GearTubers starts with “This is a LOUD amp, you’re not going to play this at bedroom levels, especially if you want it to do what it’s known for”. An SV20 is on my potential list, as is a TwoNotes so I can actually play the thing in my apartment.

Yeah, literally every single review I’ve read of that amp from regular guitarists and not GearTubers starts with “This is a LOUD amp, you’re not going to play this at bedroom levels, especially if you want it to do what it’s known for”. An SV20 is on my potential list, as is a TwoNotes so I can actually play the thing in my apartment.
To be fair, some of us play 100-watt amps at bedroom levels. Or at least in their bedroom. "Home Studio". Loud as fuck. And bollocks to the neighbours.

But other people.... mmmmmm.. they watch cricket on TV and have an early night even on a Friday.

To be fair, some of us play 100-watt amps at bedroom levels. Or at least in their bedroom. "Home Studio". Loud as fuck. And bollocks to the neighbours.

But other people.... mmmmmm.. they watch cricket on TV and have an early night even on a Friday.

Hahahah well, I don’t watch cricket and I try not to have early nights on Fridays, but I do respect my neighbors in this apartment complex because I expect the same respect. :guiness

Hahahah well, I don’t watch cricket and I try not to have early nights on Fridays, but I do respect my neighbors in this apartment complex because I expect the same respect. :guiness

The cows and sheep that live next to me are seriously loud bastards. My kid loves waving at them though.

My jvm is set to the @Orvillain approved volume of 'loud as fuck and bollocks to the neighbours' :chef

IMG_20230610_133737.jpg

PXL_20220808_133404320 (1).jpg

Back