New Friedman IR-X preamp

1695414150089.jpeg
Why’s Tom Selleck with part of Abba?

Anybody have any idea what this might be? My money is on either a Mic-No-Mo' with more feature or a Fryette GP/DI kinda thing, but Dave Friedman has mentioned that he wouldn't compete directly with Fryette (so that also rules out a power station-like load box?)
Fryette doesn't compete with Fryette, as in he can barely make products. This isn't a new thing, since availability of anything has been scarce for a decade. Someone might as well make it.

I’d love me a GP/DI kinda thing. But not sure how I feel about another load box. Aren’t there enough of them already?
I agree. I’d like that from Mesa or Friedman. Fryette stuff is great, but they can’t seem to make anything in any volume to keep in stock. On MF, they’ve got no GP/DI’s or PS-2. The GP/DI now has IR loading, which is awesome.

Dave should try something new..

Like skipping a meal.

:unsure:
well at least the announcement beats the Engl announcement about their new transformers..
Who gives a fuck man?
The pissed off dude who couldn’t sell his 3 ENGLS so he sold them to Guitar Center.
Heads up,
-you want a used ENGL, hit up the GC used section in any location on Earth.
Likely there’s three sitting on 4X12’s,
Serious Euro’ boneyard…
Dumb’body lost herds of cash💯

I remember him saying it was a solution for a lot of people’s problems, don’t remember anything else though. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some kind of effects loop solution for amps without one along with the whole load box/IR deal.
I'm trying to rack my brain what is the problem that a lot of people have.

Friedman already makes master volume amps that play nicely at lower volumes.
They already offer the mic-no-mo for direct recording.
Well working effects loops are already found on most Friedman amps.
If they don't want to compete with Fryette, then loadbox + fx loop + poweramp is not it.
There's already many good reactive loadboxes on the market so it seems a bit silly to jump into that unless Dave believes he can do better.
If it's not an amp, then it's not e.g a pedalboard amp with a tube preamp + class D poweramp ala Victory V4 series.

well at least the announcement beats the Engl announcement about their new transformers..
Who gives a fuck man?
The pissed off dude who couldn’t sell his 3 ENGLS so he sold them to Guitar Center.
Heads up,
-you want a used ENGL, hit up the GC used section in any location on Earth.
Likely there’s three sitting on 4X12’s,
Serious Euro’ boneyard…
Dumb’body lost herds of cash💯
giphy.gif

Back