Neural DSP Quad Cortex Firmware Update Thread

Curious if the new configuration for captures changes the quality or tone at all. Most I see are saying it does but could just be bias.

But it is huge for end users and makes the device significantly more competitive. IMHO.

Oh. How has the QC fundamentally changed since CorOS 1.4.x?

Did he say it was a big deal, though?

I mean, other than dedicating a section of the official launch video to this "feature"? I guess no, not really.

Anyway, i digress. If you're enjoying the update, don't let assholes like me spoil your day.

Last edited:
Curious if the new configuration for captures changes the quality or tone at all. Most I see are saying it does but could just be bias.
Well in the end whats counts is that the QC users are happy, I have no Qualms for the users that own a QC
That platform may not be for me nor do i agree with their business model but for those who use and like the QC all the Power to them Enjoy !!

Congrats on CorOS 2.0.

NDSP needs to hire some good talent and get things rolling to realize the potential of the hardware, the current team probably does put a lot of effort as far as their experience goes but they can really skyrocket the QC once they find a truly experience DSP engineer.

A lot of what they need isn't even really DSP related tbh. You just need a good C++ programmer who is familiar with embedded systems. Someone like that could hand workflow and midi issues and such.

Most DSP guys I know don't know C++ as such. They're more MATLAB geeks. MATLAB allows you to export your DSP code as C++ modules that general purpose devs can implement.

until they increase effects / amps in this thing x20, it's going to be a non-starter for me. I recently returned mine because of the shenanigans with this update, and my suspicions were confirmed when this dropped; it wasn't the enormous update everyone imagined, imho.

until they increase effects / amps in this thing x20, it's going to be a non-starter for me. I recently returned mine because of the shenanigans with this update, and my suspicions were confirmed when this dropped; it wasn't the enormous update everyone imagined, imho.
I'd say it was pretty big as far as end user things....but yes I expected more in the 6 months it took them

Oh. How has the QC fundamentally changed since CorOS 1.4.x?
A lot of what they need isn't even really DSP related tbh. You just need a good C++ programmer who is familiar with embedded systems. Someone like that could hand workflow and midi issues and such.
Funny thing is, 2.0 is all about that embedded workflow stuff. (Can't say MIDI has changed in any substantial way.) To answer @Lysander's question, the fundamental changes are in the directory layout and features (search, filter, et al), the capture process, and the integration with the cloud (upload/download management, basically.) On the surface it looks like UI stuff, but these systems have been pretty substantially modified.

As I said earlier, a ton of amps and effects would be nice, and are very much in order, but in terms of pure semantics, they wouldn't comprise a "fundamental change". I think it's easier to defend the idea that 2.0 does. Now... onward to 2.1 and all those amps and effects. :D

Funny thing is, 2.0 is all about that embedded workflow stuff. (Can't say MIDI has changed in any substantial way.) To answer @Lysander's question, the fundamental changes are in the directory layout and features, the capture process, and the integration with the cloud (upload/download management, basically.) On the surface it looks like UI stuff, but these systems have been pretty substantially modified.

As I said earlier, a ton of amps and effects would be nice, and are very much in order, but in terms of pure semantics, they wouldn't comprise a "fundamental change". I think it's easier to defend the idea that 2.0 does. Now... onward to 2.1 and all those amps and effects. :D
I Hope Please GIF

Yeah as cool as 2.0 is, I think the next few updates will be telling

From my perspective it pretty much addresses my biggest concerns with the device as someone who uses it fairly regularly.
Same. Although I have to admit, there are still some design decisions that I find a little... odd. Like the fact that there are three different ways to add a capture to preset, and only one of those three ways presents an option to search by title. :wat

I think it’s a huge update by any objective measure.

I also think it’s an update that won’t necessarily move the needle for non-owners.

For the love of God will someone tell me how the revised SLO and Diezel amps sound, or are we going to do Zapruder film level analysis of Digital John’s reaction to MAC addresses? :ROFLMAO:

I also think it’s an update that won’t necessarily move the needle for non-owners.

For the love of God will someone tell me how the revised SLO and Diezel amps sound, or are we going to do Zapruder film level analysis of Digital John’s reaction to MAC addresses? :ROFLMAO:
Right? I thought for sure there would be a comparison video out by now

Great point. Not a big one for the Non-Owners .

Back