Neunaber Immerse MKII

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Day two with the pedal. Gotta say kinda…

giphy.gif

Everyone raves about the Wet algo, (and I loved the sound of it on demos) but I don’t know, it hasnt overly impressed in person. It has this bright tail that sounds like it wants to shimmer before it dies off. (I hate shimmer)

I also notice this subtle volume dip when engaged. Tad annoying.

The plate is pretty good though. Def the best algo of the bunch, after an hour with it.

Sustain may be ok if I can figure out how to slow the rate it dies out.

Anyone have this pedal, and know how to pull the most out of it?

Last edited:
Day two with the pedal. Gotta say kinda…

giphy.gif

Everyone raves about the Wet algo, (and I loved the sound of it on demos) but I don’t know, it hasnt overly impressed in person. It has this bright tail that sounds like it wants to shimmer before it dies off. (I hate shimmer)

I also notice this subtle volume dip when engaged. Tad annoying.

The plate is pretty good though. Def the best algo of the bunch, after an hour with it.

Sustain may be ok if I can figure out how to slow the rate it dies out.

Anyone have this pedal, and know how to pull the most out of it?
The Neunaber stuff is kind of a one trick pony, so you either love it or hate it I suppose. It has a sort of “lite” signature reverb sound that can’t get thick or dense even with tweaking. But in turn you get a very usable pretty sound at every knob position, great for getting a wet sound that somehow doesn’t ever drown out the dry signal, even when the mix is high.

And to my ears its hall, room, plate, etc. all sound like just tweaked wet algos… they sound great and are very usable, but more of the samesy. This is noticeable particularly with its spring reverb, which has none of the actual spring sound lol but just has the EQ and rhythms of a spring reverb.

The Illumine’s priced to compete with other do-it-all reverb pedals and is trying to pass off as one, but it doesn’t make sense to me in that regard.

I love the hardware design though. Small, lightweight, low power, simple usable UI, fantastic I/O… I wish everyone did I/O like Neunaber.

The Neunaber stuff is kind of a one trick pony, so you either love it or hate it I suppose. It has a sort of “lite” signature reverb sound that can’t get thick or dense even with tweaking. But in turn you get a very usable pretty sound at every knob position, great for getting a wet sound that somehow doesn’t ever drown out the dry signal, even when the mix is high.

And to my ears its hall, room, plate, etc. all sound like just tweaked wet algos… they sound great and are very usable, but more of the samesy. This is noticeable particularly with its spring reverb, which has none of the actual spring sound lol but just has the EQ and rhythms of a spring reverb.

The Illumine’s priced to compete with other do-it-all reverb pedals and is trying to pass off as one, but it doesn’t make sense to me in that regard.

I love the hardware design though. Small, lightweight, low power, simple usable UI, fantastic I/O… I wish everyone did I/O like Neunaber.

This makes sense. I’ve been using it in isolation just trying to demo the sounds and maybe the fact that it doesn’t have a whacky uber-verb posture to it, is what is making me kinda feel “meh” about it. I need to mix it into the rest of my board and see what I can pull out of it just writing/riffing and not in pedal-demo mode.

Back