Need New Picks. Found a Much Better Price!

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
Just about to reorder the same thing as last time from Amazon, but now I need to hit $35 (up from $25) to qualify for free shipping.

So I put 4) 6 pack ($9.99 ea.) JP Jazz 3's in my cart, and it came to $42.36.

So for shiggles & gits, I did a search, and found Strings By Mail sells them for less. $16 less. That's $16 less I'll have to pay for my next guitar!

Just thought I'd share...

Oh wait, it get's better... If I buy 2) 24 packs from Strings & Beyond, @$20 each, I get free shipping. So basically for the same $42.40, $39.98 (see below) i can get twice as many picks. I think I know where I'm buying them from.

Shit, they didn't even charge tax. Don't know why, but @Stone, are you listening?? :rofl

I use an expensive pick, dragonsheart picks, at $17.97 nowadays. But, they last really really long for me. I always had problems keeping my picks not slipping off or rotating on my fingers, and the death grip just fatigued my hand making playing not so enjoyable. I was getting frustrated, you can flame me for poor technique and etc, but these just worked for me. I'm stingy because I'm poor, but I took the leap and I love it! I can't use any other picks anymore. It has 3 sides which you can in whatever way you find useful for you. I use the curved side for chuggy rhythms, the normal edge for strumming and others, the pointed side for leads.

Pure%2BTweed.jpg

I am not connected to them in any way.

Just about to reorder the same thing as last time from Amazon, but now I need to hit $35 (up from $25) to qualify for free shipping.

So I put 4) 6 pack ($9.99 ea.) JP Jazz 3's in my cart, and it came to $42.36.

So for shiggles & gits, I did a search, and found Strings By Mail sells them for less. $16 less. That's $16 less I'll have to pay for my next guitar!

Just thought I'd share...

Oh wait, it get's better... If I buy 2) 24 packs from Strings & Beyond, @$20 each, I get free shipping. So basically for the same $42.40, $39.98 (see below) i can get twice as many picks. I think I know where I'm buying them from.

Shit, they didn't even charge tax. Don't know why, but @Stone, are you listening?? :rofl
Nice! Will review for sure. I end up buying extra JazzIII packets to the point they are everywhere like my kids’ Lego blocks in my house

I use an expensive pick, dragonsheart picks, at $17.97 nowadays. But, they last really really long for me. I always had problems keeping my picks not slipping off or rotating on my fingers, and the death grip just fatigued my hand making playing not so enjoyable. I was getting frustrated, you can flame me for poor technique and etc, but these just worked for me. I'm stingy because I'm poor, but I took the leap and I love it! I can't use any other picks anymore. It has 3 sides which you can in whatever way you find useful for you. I use the curved side for chuggy rhythms, the normal edge for strumming and others, the pointed side for leads.

Pure%2BTweed.jpg

I am not connected to them in any way.
Funny how tastes differ, I tried one of those and to me it's pretty much the worst pick I've ever tried! :p

Funny how tastes differ, I tried one of those and to me it's pretty much the worst pick I've ever tried! :p
I'm team dragonsheart too. I generally don't ever mention it though because they are crazy expensive and the first thing people like to throw out is the whole sunk cost fallacy. Who knows, maybe they're right, but these work for me. Definitely find myself flipping it around for different sounds though.

Agreed, I used regular Jazz III for like ten years and then switched to the XLs completely.
I found that I was able to dig in a little more for rhythm playing and it sounded better than the normal Jazz IIIs.

I'm team dragonsheart too. I generally don't ever mention it though because they are crazy expensive and the first thing people like to throw out is the whole sunk cost fallacy. Who knows, maybe they're right, but these work for me. Definitely find myself flipping it around for different sounds though.
I have a few Blue Chip picks, so the DH's aren't that bad :p

But they certain have gotten more epensive since I bought one in 2015!

1707403822760.png

I have never bought picks from Strings & Beyond. I will look there the next time I need some. They have been a great source of strings for me many times over the years. I became a customer of theirs back when they started up. They run great sales on the strings I use.

If you haven't tried the Jazz III XL yet, I highly recommend it. I used the JPs for years and just switched to the XL. They're ever-so-slightly larger with a pointier tip.
Well thanks for telling me that after I placed my order!! I won't need picks again for 2 years! :rofl :rofl :rofl

But seriously, I'd be down for a bit pointier pick fer sher.
(I checked my order history on Amazon, and my last purchase of 4- 6-packs was Jan 2023. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I have never bought picks from Strings & Beyond. I will look there the next time I need some. They have been a great source of strings for me many times over the years. I became a customer of theirs back when they started up. They run great sales on the strings I use.
Yeah. Just don't anyone tell them about the sales tax thing. :grin

Aha! A fellow DH user!

Back