NAD - Marshall SC20H

Mongillo19

Rock Star
Full disclaimer I haven't played more than an hour due to some health issues but slowly getting my mental and physical health back!

In my first hour, I love this amp. I've always wondered what it would be like to own a JCM800 and while I'm not going to pretend the SC20H is a 1:1 comparison, it lives up to what I was hoping a JCM800 would sound like.

First thing I did was throw a SD1 in front of the high input and it was glorious. The amp is so versatile and just cuts through the mix perfectly. As we all know, rolling back the volume know on the guitar really cleans up well and you can get some nice clean tones. It certainly isn't the main reason to get the amp but to me it's a big plus.

I switched over to the low sensitivity and put the big muff pi op amp out front for some smashing pumpkins tones and it did it in spades.

That was the extent of my playing but all in all I got it for $1200 out the door and I couldn't be happier.

I do wish the knobs didn't feel like very cheap plastic and had a little more weight to them but outside that, really enjoying it! Pic of my amp room as of today

1000002774.jpg

Last edited:
@Mongillo19 I hope you get well soon and welcome to the club! I love mine more and more each day I play it. So much I have been thinking of maybe selling my DSL100H. but probably wont feel the same way once the "newness" wears off.

Take care of yourself!!
Yeah I'm very happy with it! Got some more time with it yesterday.

Appreciate the kind words!

Congrats!! One hell of an amp lineup there!!

The 6L6s in the SLO might be starting to feel a lil ostracized though

Congrats!! One hell of an amp lineup there!!

The 6L6s in the SLO might be starting to feel a lil ostracized though
Thing is, I've never had a EL34 amp before these ones! Was always a 6l6 guy.

Anyway, yeah it's hard to improve on this lineup. I do wish I could swap the badlander for a multi watt DR but that's just being picky

Thing is, I've never had a EL34 amp before these ones! Was always a 6l6 guy.

Anyway, yeah it's hard to improve on this lineup. I do wish I could swap the badlander for a multi watt DR but that's just being picky

Did the Mark V not make it through the gauntlet?

Nice dude. You got the perfect setup, SLO30 for cleans and a boosted 800 for means. :chef

Back