NAD: Ceriatone Hot Rodded Plexi King Kong 50

I have a second one (mirror image) I was thinking of painting, making the raised portions metallic gold via a paint marker.
1000001158.jpg

Wondering about some matte clear to take the sheen off just a hair. A little more like the faceplate. Could be an illusion of the flash.

Either way. I like the Gorilla emblem much better.

I have a second one (mirror image) I was thinking of painting, making the raised portions metallic gold via a paint marker.
View attachment 19095
Totally your call.

I don't prefer gold on anything. I'd say murder the whole thing out, black knobs, and only let the silver on the gorilla and switches show.

I don't think you could ask for a better sizing for that emblem for the headshell you have - seems perfect.

Wondering about some matte clear to take the sheen off just a hair. A little more like the faceplate.

Either way. I like the Gorilla emblem much better.
I'm thinking I can color the raised parts with gold metallic acrylic paint, and use some 600 grit sandpaper to "satinize" the glossy black.

Without a flash or a bright light source, the badges appear back on black.

Since this KK50 has a passive effects loop, I have been contemplating getting it modded to add the Ceriatone "Mod : Buffered Loop With Switch".

The board costs $75 and then probably around $100 bench fee to get it installed.

Instead, I ordered the Ceriatone Mini Klein-ulator ($166) to accomplish the same thing without modifying the amp. The Klein-ulator may also prove to be a better solution since it has controls for adjusting send, return, and make-up gain levels.

Supposed to arrive by the end of the week.

Since this KK50 has a passive effects loop, I have been contemplating getting it modded to add the Ceriatone "Mod : Buffered Loop With Switch".

The board costs $75 and then probably around $100 bench fee to get it installed.

Instead, I ordered the Ceriatone Mini Klein-ulator ($166) to accomplish the same thing without modifying the amp. The Klein-ulator may also prove to be a better solution since it has controls for adjusting send, return, and make-up gain levels.

Supposed to arrive by the end of the week.
Your username is the most accurate one I have ever seen. You are doing the lord's work :love:beer:love

Sounding so good with the Park Creamback 2x12 combined with the Seismic Blackbird 2x12.

Since the Park is 8 ohms & the Seismic is 4 ohms, I use the Weber Z-Matcher to convert the Seismic to 8 ohms and set the KK50 impedance selector to 4 ohms.

((1/8 ohms) + (1/8 ohms))-1 = 4 ohms

PXL_20240228_215551198~3.jpg

Last edited:
:cuss LoveMySwitches :cuss

Ordered these...
1000001170.png

Received these...
1000001171.jpg

:cuss $12 for expedited shipping wasted. :cuss

:cuss Still waiting for a response from LoveMySwitches. :cuss

Received response just now and tomorrow morning they will be shipping me the correct knobs and a return shipping label for the incorrect ones.

My anger has subsided into disappointment with a tinge of anticipation.

Back