NAD - 20w

The only one I ever played was the one you could fade between EL84 and 6V6. It sounded really good.
I did like that one alot too....was it the tweaker....who knows ..(Edit it was the renegade). I played like 5 different ones and liked every one ...but, unless it's a real turd, I can usually find a good sound in anything.

Almost bought one ...but got my second Laney instead.

Not gonna lie, now I'm looking at a used tourmaster head.....just because for the money....I might bite.....

Last edited:
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

I did like that one alot too....was it the tweaker....who knows ...I played like 5 different ones and liked every one ...but, unless it's a real turd, I can usually find a good sound in anything.

Almost bought one ...but got my second Laney instead.
I think it was the Rebel.

EDIT

Yeah it’s the two Rebel amps, 20 and 30.

Yup. Renegade was 6L6 and EL34. Rebels were 6V6 and EL84. Crazy cool and innovative
design. The Tweaker came in 3 different sizes. 15, 40, and 88. The 88 had KT88s in it. :love

I never tried the Armageddon. The high-gainer from that time period. He did
some pedals, too, as I recall.

3 channels of Bruce and 120 watts... at a Crate Blue Doodoo price?

I'd do it. :banana
Enabler...hahaha

I'm on this whole egnater rabbit hole now....and now I may want that tweaker 88 now.....imma save my milk money, and see what I can do....but I was also thinking about new speakers for one of my other 2 by 12s.....so I am seriously paralyzed by what choice to make ..... I mean...I don't need anything....but.....it would be cool....hmmm. what to do.

Yeah I forgot about the big one, that’s really cool.
I bought a PRS Singlecut Korina based on playing it through the Rebel. It sounded great.
At one point in time, I spent 2 weeks going into GC, every day, just to play those silly amps.... because it just sounded good, it is one of those situations that I was almost sold just on the sound.

Reminded me of when I purchased my first Laney GH100L in 1998. I had never played Laney before, and after the first 10 minutes, I was sold.

So I went and got another Laney. So....weird now I got the egnater itch....

Yeah I forgot about the big one, that’s really cool.
I bought a PRS Singlecut Korina based on playing it through the Rebel. It sounded great.

Great guitars. I had one and sold it to a Buddy who sold it to another Buddy.
He still has it.

Kind of plain and stripped down without the usual PRS bling. Seemed to have
a little more personality as a result. :idk

Enabler...hahaha

I'm on this whole egnater rabbit hole now....and now I may want that tweaker 88 now.....imma save my milk money, and see what I can do....but I was also thinking about new speakers for one of my other 2 by 12s.....so I am seriously paralyzed by what choice to make ..... I mean...I don't need anything....but.....it would be cool....hmmm. what to do.

Seems a lot of the Egnaters had PT issues, and when those would go they would take
out other components. If I got another I would replace the PT right away.

Back