My home studio setup

69145778_2643372129028755_582239300087709696_n-1.jpg

@SillyOctpuss You should be proud of me! I decided not to get the Meris LVX coz it is expensive wank! :rofl

By all means keep spending. I love seeing your posts going through the different options to see what works. I'm living my best gear slut life vicariously through you

:rubshands

I'm quite happy with my current setup... Mostly. Thanks to this place and @Stone's journey I've have been gassing hard for a fm9 to use with my jvm

PXL_20230626_223752441.jpg

What happened to the Source Audio Ventris, the proclaimed “best reverb pedal in the market?” Been wondering about this one and curious why you went with the Big Sky after you said the Ventris is better.

@SillyOctpuss You should be proud of me! I decided not to get the Meris LVX coz it is expensive wank! :rofl
And yup, it is just an expensive wank imo. It’s like a multi-fx ish delay pedal for people who haven’t had multi-fix units before. Bought it early and it was meh.

What happened to the Source Audio Ventris, the proclaimed “best reverb pedal in the market?” Been wondering about this one and curious why you went with the Big Sky after you said the Ventris is better.
I sold it to @Cirrus who then set fire to it because he doesn't understand midi!

Nah, genuinely, it's an amazing pedal and in many ways I prefer the sounds it gets you. But it's really lacking in the midi department, spillover is a ballache to work with, and the form factor is quite annoying on a board once you plug in stereo I/O and midi connections and all that.

I got it for the album I was about to record and then didn't use it once. Absolute failure.

Genuinely not following you on that one @jellodog ?!

Oh, I thought you really didn't like the look of the LVX UI? Well my bad... I apologize for my mis-characterization of you; so many people don't like the UI that I must have got you mixed up with the others!

I should check my facts before I post. Not that it's stopped me before :LOL:

I am interested in your thoughts though, because I was watching a video the other day where a guy was saying that for straight up delay sounds, he preferred the Boss DD-500 to the LVX!

Which... surprised me.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you really didn't like the look of the LVX UI? Well my bad... I apologize for my mis-characterization of you; so many people don't like the UI that I must have got you mixed up with the others!

I should check my facts before I post. Not that it's stopped me before :LOL:

I am interested in your thoughts though, because I was watching a video the other day where a guy was saying that for straight up delay sounds, he preferred the Boss DD-500 to the LVX!

Which... surprised me.
Just to be clear, I haven't and won't be buying the LVX :)

I said as much in the LVX thread here: https://thegearforum.com/threads/meris-lvx.366/page-2#post-89844#

I love the feature set, but the UI and UX are proper batty!

I sold it to @Cirrus who then set fire to it because he doesn't understand midi!

Nah, genuinely, it's an amazing pedal and in many ways I prefer the sounds it gets you. But it's really lacking in the midi department, spillover is a ballache to work with, and the form factor is quite annoying on a board once you plug in stereo I/O and midi connections and all that.
What's the issue with MIDI on it?

I can understand the I/O issue though, with jacks poking out of almost every side.

What's the issue with MIDI on it?

I can understand the I/O issue though, with jacks poking out of almost every side.
Oh, sorry I missed this.

It really is to do with how fast presets change and how they don't really spillover very nicely and all that kind of stuff. Just not seamless.

In other news, I've really been LOVING my Axe FX 3 recently. I'm using it in 4-cable-method with my amps, and having a wahhhllleeeely of a timey time!

Back