Mongillo is a gem. SD-1 Bumblebee like a mufug

I often use the SD-1 more so than a TS

1674820065445.png

SD1 with the drive up slightly, tone at 1:00 and volume maxed into a Marshall with the gain backed off just slightly is heaven. Bought mine at GC used for $35. Also really dig the Maxon 808 into Dual Rec. Congrats. Drive pedal rabbit hole and pretty much always come back to those two.

Love me an SD1!

A great variant/updated version to try is the MXR "Custom Badass Modified OD." Silly name, but it's basically an SD1 with a 100HZ control and a "Bump" alt EQ shift option. Been my main OD for almost ten years (have now switched to FM9 SD1).

Love me an SD1!

A great variant/updated version to try is the MXR "Custom Badass Modified OD." Silly name, but it's basically an SD1 with a 100HZ control and a "Bump" alt EQ shift option. Been my main OD for almost ten years (have now switched to FM9 SD1).
With the so many many OD variants and Booteek OD/Distortion/Modulation pedals I often find that the good old classics (Boss, MXR EHX) work perfectly fine

It’s not as sexy and doesn’t have the mythology or whatever of some pedals out there - but what it does - it does well!
Part of the reason I love the SD-1 is precisely because it's "not sexy". Honestly, Boss (and Diamond) pedals are probably my favourite looking because of the clean designs. It isn't trying too hard to be cool or interesting, it's just quietly confident. I'm clearly overthinking it, but that's just how my brain works. :geek:

Last edited:
Part of the reason I love the SD-1 is precisely because it's "not sexy". Honestly, Boss (and Diamond) pedals are my probably my favourite looking because of the clean designs. It isn't trying too hard to be cool or interesting, it's just quietly confident. I'm clearly overthinking it, but that's just how my brain works. :geek:
haha - no overthinking. I totally get it. Not all of us want a wild and loud ‘pu$$y melter’ on our pedalboards…. LMAO.

Back