Mirror Profiles IRs. No one can post the 'Told Y'all' gif on this one

Finns just don't know how to sell stuff abroad.
140-website.jpg

You can also trying moving the cab closer or further away from walls/corners, or decoupling it from the floor. I've heard of some engineers moving cabs 1/3 of the way into the room and pointing them diagonally to the 1/3 point of the opposing wall. Maybe overkill for most, but I think its best to approach IR making with doing it once so you never have to go back and redo things.
Law of 3rds. We do it for drumkits too.

Take a floor tom. Whack the shit out of it whilst walking around the 1st 3rd of a room, looking for the biggest bass response. Build the kit up around that spot once you find it.

Ha this was something that was absolutely essential for me when making the IR’s. I didn’t want any compromises when using load boxes to micing up a cab. It sort of kicked my ass into learning about all the interactions that take place, but I think the results were worth it.

It was only really once I got my technique down with making IR’s that I realised just how good modelling is these days. Once they sounded indistinguishable with real amps, they’re ideal for modellers.

Kind of blew my mind that I was able to match my real amp+cab+mic tones using a modeller+IR

Yep .... at the risk of sounding like a "heretic" I dumped quite a few dollars on the Y**k IR's due to the hype ..... I haven't been so underwhelmed in an IR Pack pretty much ever .... just cannot get my head / my ears to understand or hear the hype..

Your demo comparisons leave them in the dust !

Ben

Last edited:
My ears aren't digging the Yorks much now either. Don't know what changed, but I don't even have any loaded right now. May try some of the new Ownhammers like Jon uses

My ears aren't digging the Yorks much now either. Don't know what changed, but I don't even have any loaded right now. May try some of the new Ownhammers like Jon uses
The rockbox Ownhammers are pretty good too. I like them better than the older Ownhammers. For me the rockbox is on par with York. Lately I'm using MirrorProfiles more. They're all good.

Released this pack of 15 NAM models from my 1989 JCM800 2204. Recently serviced by Dave Wittering at Marshall so in tip top condition. Captured dialled in for various guitars and using different loads (including a 1960TV and Mesa OS 4x12).

Single coil style tones using low input, some cranked master stuff, some with a Legendary Tones Hot Mod and everything in between. I forgot how cool single coils are into the low inputs.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5953.jpeg
    IMG_5953.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Shit, I’m definitely going to grab that 3VH pack, even though I swore off IR’s after DynaCabs were released!

That situation of awesomeness with Swirly makes me want to buy a pack on its own! (I just caught up on the thread)

Shit, I’m definitely going to grab that 3VH pack, even though I swore off IR’s after DynaCabs were released!

That situation of awesomeness with Swirly makes me want to buy a pack on its own! (I just caught up on the thread)
That EVH cab is so damn good. I bought a vintage modern that came with a bog standard 1960A with T75’s. Sounded cool but I lucked out finding someone who wanted to trade their EVH cab for it.

They’re probably my favourite Greenbacks I’ve ever come across, they have this big low end that the older ones don’t have. It’s a pack I recommend to everyone to start with.

Released this pack of 15 NAM models from my 1989 JCM800 2204. Recently serviced by Dave Wittering at Marshall so in tip top condition. Captured dialled in for various guitars and using different loads (including a 1960TV and Mesa OS 4x12).

Single coil style tones using low input, some cranked master stuff, some with a Legendary Tones Hot Mod and everything in between. I forgot how cool single coils are into the low inputs.

View attachment 17122
i bought the NAM pack yesterday,sound pretty good with the GG drums Goldstack plugin,Lancaster Pulse IR loader and your BRIT T75 cab pack
i didnt like the NAM JEL800 sound a bit harsh for my liking

i bought the NAM pack yesterday,sound pretty good with the GG drums Goldstack plugin,Lancaster Pulse IR loader and your BRIT T75 cab pack
i didnt like the NAM JEL800 sound a bit harsh for my liking
Ah thanks! and thanks for the feedback on the JEL - it is an aggressive and gainy amp, but I added more models to the pack (so its now 21 NAM files) and there should be some smoother tones there. I dialled some in with single coil guitars just to make sure things don't get too spikey and aggressive. You can also try the m160 mic'd a little further out if you like a smoother sound. Hope you enjoy!

Ah thanks! and thanks for the feedback on the JEL - it is an aggressive and gainy amp, but I added more models to the pack (so its now 21 NAM files) and there should be some smoother tones there. I dialled some in with single coil guitars just to make sure things don't get too spikey and aggressive. You can also try the m160 mic'd a little further out if you like a smoother sound. Hope you enjoy!
i just downloaded JEL update,thank you!!!

Back