MIDIGuitar 3 is for real!

I'm now eager to test it out. My previous experience with MIDI Guitar 2 was not great... I found it laggy and imprecise. However, it appears they have made significant improvements in this release. If it performs well, it could be a great addition to my Gig Performer setup.

So, I ended up installing the most recent version, and I have to say, it's rather impressive. Tracking is pretty damn good. I can't seem to figure out how to get it into Logic though; I'm guessing I need the plugin, which doesn't exist yet?

So, I ended up installing the most recent version, and I have to say, it's rather impressive. Tracking is pretty damn good. I can't seem to figure out how to get it into Logic though; I'm guessing I need the plugin, which doesn't exist yet?
I haven't gotten very far with v3 myself, but with v2 it was possible to run MG standalone, configure it to send to Virtual MIDI, and then configure a track on your DAW to get its input from that Virtual MIDI channel.

Much more elegant with a plugin version of MG, though. Looking forward to an official v3.

I haven't gotten very far with v3 myself, but with v2 it was possible to run MG standalone, configure it to send to Virtual MIDI, and then configure a track on your DAW to get its input from that Virtual MIDI channel.

Much more elegant with a plugin version of MG, though. Looking forward to an official v3.
I’ll give that a look. I didn’t have a ton of time with it yesterday, just was amazed at how far it’s come.

Back