Meris LVX

Had one for a couple weeks now (non VH) and can report the delay(s) sound incredibly great - really killer algo! - and it's modulation can get very CE-2 like but there's not much in the way of crazy creativity with it.

The Meris it’s what’s stopped me from snagging one of those delays you had for sale. I’m sure before I’m dead I’ll own one of each, but that Meris really has my eye right now. I need to recoup for a little bit after that amp fiesta I had last month.

The Meris it’s what’s stopped me from snagging one of those delays you had for sale. I’m sure before I’m dead I’ll own one of each, but that Meris really has my eye right now. I need to recoup for a little bit after that amp fiesta I had last month.
Dance Party GIF by Minions

The Meris it’s what’s stopped me from snagging one of those delays you had for sale. I’m sure before I’m dead I’ll own one of each, but that Meris really has my eye right now.

One more thing I should note, you know I've had a boatload of different delays to really get to know well and I'll say for a pure all purpose delay tone - single delay, no modulation or other FX being applied - the SDE-3000 is hands down the best of the bunch. Knocked having the pair of the older MIJ DD3 and the DM-2 Waza off the board. I hardly mess with it at all. Got 4 presets and usually find myself just having it on #1 for long periods of time.

It's pretty amazing how different the various algorithms of the same named type can sound from different brands. For example, the tape delays on both Source Audio units really sound nothing like an El Capistan. And the 3 Boss digital delays I have - DD3-T, the older DD3, and the SDE - each have their own thing going on. Splitting hairs here caused I've used each exclusively at one time or another (y) the SDE is the one I forget is there the easiest. I'm not distracted by the other options on the unit one bit - VERY unlike how it was with S.A., Walrus, El Cap, and other multi-purpose boxes.

Love set and forget effects units!

One more thing I should note, you know I've had a boatload of different delays to really get to know well and I'll say for a pure all purpose delay tone - single delay, no modulation or other FX being applied - the SDE-3000 is hands down the best of the bunch. Knocked having the pair of the older MIJ DD3 and the DM-2 Waza off the board. I hardly mess with it at all. Got 4 presets and usually find myself just having it on #1 for long periods of time.

It's pretty amazing how different the various algorithms of the same named type can sound from different brands. For example, the tape delays on both Source Audio units really sound nothing like an El Capistan. And the 3 Boss digital delays I have - DD3-T, the older DD3, and the SDE - each have their own thing going on. Splitting hairs here caused I've used each exclusively at one time or another (y) the SDE is the one I forget is there the easiest. I'm not distracted by the other options on the unit one bit - VERY unlike how it was with S.A., Walrus, El Cap, and other multi-purpose boxes.

Love set and forget effects units!

Chances are I’m going to end up with 2-3 delays, I kinda don’t want to think of the Meris as a delay pedal but more of a “What can I get out of this?” box, since I won’t be doing crazy delays with a live rig and don’t need anything stereo, I’ll most likely go with something pretty simple for that. Simple, but badass! Then I’ll have one just dedicated to Reverse delay at the very end of the signal chain.

I have lvx and mercury x, and source audio ventris and nemesis, and I now want strymon timeline, big sky and mobius back. I had those 3 before but let them go like an idiot... and i got tons of delays and reverbs in my helix, and eventide h90, and empress zoia, and my boss sy-1000 and gm-800, and chase bliss blooper, habit etc..

Geez why do i need or want more? lol

Ok I have determined I'm a delay/reverb junkie lol.

Just got a new strymon bigsky, and i have strymon timeline, nightsky and mobius coming as well within a week or so lol.

I had all of these at the end of 2022, but then my hearing loss issue (thankfully to have hearing aids now) and stomach ulcer issue and other crap in 2023 made me not play as much for majority of the year until i got my hearing aids, but by then i sold my strymons and bunch of other things I wish i would have kept, so im getting them back lol.

I have lvx and mercury x, and source audio ventris and nemesis, and I now want strymon timeline, big sky and mobius back. I had those 3 before but let them go like an idiot... and i got tons of delays and reverbs in my helix, and eventide h90, and empress zoia, and my boss sy-1000 and gm-800, and chase bliss blooper, habit etc..

Geez why do i need or want more? lol
Ok I have determined I'm a delay/reverb junkie lol.

Just got a new strymon bigsky, and i have strymon timeline, nightsky and mobius coming as well within a week or so lol.

I had all of these at the end of 2022, but then my hearing loss issue (thankfully to have hearing aids now) and stomach ulcer issue and other crap in 2023 made me not play as much for majority of the year until i got my hearing aids, but by then i sold my strymons and bunch of other things I wish i would have kept, so im getting them back lol.

So having the LVX, MercuryX, TimeLine, BigSky... and having experience with the Nemesis and Ventris AND Collider.... they're all pretty awesome. I think it is worth having all of them if you can afford them and you're gonna get use out of them - which I'm pretty sure you would!

I'm actually thinking of flogging my Timeline and BigSky, since getting the LVX and MercuryX. But I'm keeping my Flashback II X4, and I'm fancying picking up the ADT Nemesis.

Now I just need to get my boss dd-500, rv-500 and md-500 back, and also empress effects echosystem and reverb

Now I just need to get my boss dd-500, rv-500 and md-500 back, and also empress effects echosystem and reverb

Can you advise on this?

Back