Marshall Amps Sold

It went from Code to Nux :wat
Insanity Going Crazy GIF

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Haha I remember over at the other place there was this dude that was soooooo convinced the Code was just as good as anything Marshall had ever built. Could not play at, total perpetual noob. Butchered the simplest riff. With ears to match. :LOL:

if i see one locally im gonna grab it, i wouldnt mind a MA100H either for shits and giggles

Well there's only so many variants on a theme. I mean, he named a bunch of different ones, but even Bubba got to the end of all the ways to cook shrimp. :chef

Doubt it will - the older collectible stuff is built totally different from how Marshall has built anything for decades, so I don't see what changes there. Its not like the number of Plexi's from 1966-68 (or whatever) has suddenly changed. Likewise for any other collectible amp, they're collectible because production stopped decades ago. All the more recently built stuff is built in such huge quantities and will always be less collectible than the old stuff.

That said, people are dumb and the used prices are already so over inflated that its impossible to tell.
The second paragraph in your post is what I was inferring. Just like the "pre=lawsuit" and that stupid pedal thing recently. As the old adage goes, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. :rofl
The JCM900 has a lot of fans actually!
I ran a JCM900 for about 3 years in the 90s. Recorded three demos, five tracks for compilation albums, hundreds of band practices and dozens of shows. Never did it ever fail to sound amazing.

Not Marshall related, but I’m sooooo tempted to grab a Mesa nomad to just find out for myself :LOL:

i think it was one of those or the maverick i glanced over in my craigslist months back thinking i kind of wanted to give it a try, like how bad could they really be?

i think it was one of those or the maverick i glanced over in my craigslist months back thinking i kind of wanted to give it a try, like how bad could they really be?

I feel like I’ve heard good things about the maverick

The nomad on the other hand… I don’t think I’ve heard a more universally panned amp lol. It gets my contrarian juices flowing tho

I really want to try some of the "forgotten" Marshalls like the JDM, Haze and MA100H now that I've read through this thread.

Speaking of forgotten Marshall's, anyone ever try a JCM600? They seem to be universally panned but I always thought they looked cool 👀

Speaking of forgotten Marshall's, anyone ever try a JCM600? They seem to be universally panned but I always thought they looked cool 👀
I think that was the first amp I ever played in a music shop. Pretty sure they had a reputation for catching fire (might be related to that JTM60 combo).

Can’t remember if you’ve done videos on them but 6100 and JCM900 MKIII and SLX are cool ones from the 90’s that hold up well.

I think that was the first amp I ever played in a music shop. Pretty sure they had a reputation for catching fire (might be related to that JTM60 combo).

Can’t remember if you’ve done videos on them but 6100 and JCM900 MKIII and SLX are cool ones from the 90’s that hold up well.

SLX is the only one of those I haven't tried. 900 MK III sounds like a boosted 800 to me while the 6100 is properly versatile. SLX prices seem to have gone up a lot recently.

I really want to try some of the "forgotten" Marshalls like the JDM, Haze and MA100H now that I've read through this thread.
SLX isn’t a million miles away from the MKIII IMO, more gain though. I know some death metal players love it.

Another cool set of Marshalls to do would be the solid state ones. I swear every single amp tech has a 3203 somewhere in their private stash of amps. I think Michael Nielsen did some stuff on the Lead 12 combos. I think there’s a few others from the 80’s that may be a bit overlooked although I’ve never actually used any of them.

I keep seeing a Marshall 5150 (think it’s just coincidence, it’s older than the peavey stuff and nothing to do with EVH) solid state combo that I was tempted to grab for the speakers alone

Back