Looking at the Sire T7 to satisfy my T-style GAS. Anything else worth checking out at a ~$700 price point?

gearJunkie

Shredder
Help me find a worthy, reasonably priced Tele-sryle axe.

1000000806.jpg

:beer

OK. I did a search and found @Eagle's thoughts regarding the questionable quality of Sire instruments. Thank you for that "directing" me to that information.
If at all possible, try it out yourself. Eagles opinions on Sire (and other budget guitars) come of very snobby and our comments about it are comedic, not factual.

Case in point, he recommended Mexican Fender, and a friend of mine got a player strat which is an absolute trash. From abysmal frets to output jack which is held by one screw! Other simply misses the wood.

Checkout Vola Vasti

MIJ

Other simply misses the wood.
From what I have found within the Sire T7 marketing information on their website and at Sweetwater, the body is made from Alder and the neck is Maple.

@Eagle, am I missing something here, or do they use some weird, undesirable variants?

Look up John Cordy’s videos on the Sire guitars. He seems to think they’re good for the money. Sure, the neck and body woods probably aren’t hand picked like Fender Custom shop or a company like PRS, but who’s doing that in this price range? For $700, I bet they wipe the floor with the MIM Fenders in terms of playability and fit and finish.

I’ve owned several MIM Fenders, including my Charvel, which all had fret sprout, lifted and high frets, and various other quality control issues.

Sweetwater has an excellent return policy. It’s worth checking one out.

Look up John Cordy’s videos on the Sire guitars.
JC's "recommendation" for the Sire T7 is exactly why I became interested in that instrument. 💯

On a side note, I reached out to Kip Elder of Starr Guitars in Orlando about a custom build. I own 3 of his custom builds, but his shop's current focus is on finishing for OEM builders. Hopefully I'll hear back from him before I break down and get the T7, or maybe a lightly used Highway One.

These are my Starr Guitar builds...
1000000289.jpg

1000000335.png

1000000253.jpg

Last edited:
I have played a few Sires at SW (including Tele variants), and IMO, the brand has been a bit overhyped - to me, they weren’t any better or worse than similar guitars in the price range. Decent specs? Yeah, but they can have the same small flaws other imports do.

It may be hard to find a Baja these days, but the closest thing to those right now are the Fender Vintera/Vintera II ‘50s - especially if you like beefier necks.

T-style GAS has been temporarily abated. Made an offer on a mint "never played" case queen 2006 Fender Highway One Telecaster.

1000000807.jpg

I had the seller pull off the vintage tail cover and send pictures of the uncovered bridge. It all checked out so I made an offer which was accepted. It ships out in the morning.