Looking at the Sire T7 to satisfy my T-style GAS. Anything else worth checking out at a ~$700 price point?

T-style GAS has been temporarily abated. Made an offer on a mint "never played" case queen 2006 Fender Highway One Telecaster.

View attachment 12844

I had the seller pull off the vintage tail cover and send pictures of the uncovered bridge. It all checked out so I made an offer which was accepted. It ships out in the morning.
Congrats! It’s a beauty! 😍

A few more pictures...

1000000814.jpg

1000000813.jpg

1000000812.jpg

1000000808.jpg

1000000810.jpg

Look up John Cordy’s videos on the Sire guitars. He seems to think they’re good for the money. Sure, the neck and body woods probably aren’t hand picked like Fender Custom shop or a company like PRS, but who’s doing that in this price range? For $700, I bet they wipe the floor with the MIM Fenders in terms of playability and fit and finish.

I’ve owned several MIM Fenders, including my Charvel, which all had fret sprout, lifted and high frets, and various other quality control issues.

Sweetwater has an excellent return policy. It’s worth checking one out.
No they don’t. The wood selection is bottom of the barrel ,the poly is very thick and plasticised, the hardware and electronics are very budget. The whole thing is pure hype. A very cheap guitar dressed up to look like something more expensive. The MIM Fenders are basically a decent guitar with a few corners cut to keep the price down. Yes you find fret sprout but this is so easy to address and not really worth getting bothered about. It’s more about the atmospheric conditions where you live than qc.

I would love to hear somebody claim that that isn't 50 times better than the POS Sire. And if you every get sick of it the value will probably go UP.