Line 6 mystery product speculation

I am honestly not to sure if there will be a follow up to Helix
I mean realistically what else can you do w amp modelling
Sure you can always add more unique models but does that really increase the value for most consumers

It seems from their interviews they much prefer the original line 6 designs I almost wonder if next flagship heads in that direction allowing mixing and matching of preamps and power amps
Like a HD147 or A DT next Gen but with some sort or new digital or analog power amp tech

I am honestly not to sure if there will be a follow up to Helix
I mean realistically what else can you do w amp modelling
Sure you can always add more unique models but does that really increase the value for most consumers

It seems from their interviews they much prefer the original line 6 designs I almost wonder if next flagship heads in that direction allowing mixing and matching of preamps and power amps
Like a HD147 or A DT next Gen but with some sort or new digital or analog power amp tech
Isn’t the “next” thing… that thing… speaker thingy… I forgot what it’s called… something with how the power amp interacts with load or whatever… wasn’t there talk about that with the TMP?

Anyhow… they’ve got component modeling nailed. It’s all about fidelity/sampling or whatever now it seems, and things that demand dsp.

I think Line 6 could release a new product within the Helix platform that just features updated/upgraded hardware. Cliff called out a new chip release recently. Seems like a happy-medium between modernizing without completely alienating the current generation of devices.

I think Line 6 could release a new product within the Helix platform that just features updated/upgraded hardware. Cliff called out a new chip release recently. Seems like a happy-medium between modernizing without completely alienating the current generation of devices.
Line 6 could do that and that’s what many have hoped for them to release a smaller
More powerful Helix maybe with the original touchscreen implemented but DI has said on many occasion it is of no interest to them and it would be boring , so while many would love to see that product I don’t think it’s in The cards

There’s a history of them releasing upgraded hardware with the same modeling, but more horsepower to handle heavier patches.
Maybe he was just trying to throw us off the trail ?
But he has definitely said on multiple occasions HELIX XL
Would be boring to them
I would be surprised at this point to see another Helix SKU

Maybe he was just trying to throw us off the trail ?
But he has definitely said on multiple occasions HELIX XL
Would be boring to them
I would be surprised at this point to see another Helix SKU
Maybe. I don’t know. My examples were obviously pre-Yamaha, so there’s that too.

Half of the trademark description sounds like the positive grid spark stuff, and the other half sounds like something new.

I don't think the latest Analog Devices DSPs are going to be completely compatible, so they'd be overhauling a lot of Helix code to make it work. At which point you might as well make a whole new product line.

I'm sure the next gen thing will use a lot of code from Helix.

I don't think the latest Analog Devices DSPs are going to be completely compatible, so they'd be overhauling a lot of Helix code to make it work. At which point you might as well make a whole new product line.

The ARM+SHARC chipset Cliff was mentioning should be a relatively easy port from Helix's ADSP-21469. Any architecture change is a lot of work thou...

Back