Line 6 mystery product speculation

Line6 has been teasing this meme for a while.

Not sure what would qualify as lazy and sound good for the price that Line6 would do that would be interesting.
Hopefully it’s a “dumber” version of the PowerCab that doesn’t cost as much. I feel like them and others were trying to find some novel way to do guitar-FR and making it more expensive and feature-rich than it needed to be when a huge cross section of users want something slightly better than the headrush speaker that looks more “guitar-ish”. Fender made a simple ass powered cab and it seems everyone loves it.

Hopefully it’s a “dumber” version of the PowerCab that doesn’t cost as much. I feel like them and others were trying to find some novel way to do guitar-FR and making it more expensive and feature-rich than it needed to be when a huge cross section of users want something slightly better than the headrush speaker that looks more “guitar-ish”. Fender made a simple ass powered cab and it seems everyone loves it.

That doesn't sound like it would take a lot of software....

“Not much longer now”… how does that work compared to ‘soon’?
Borrowing from another Line 6 cryptic time reference teaser, if ‘soon’ is open ended as in ‘a flight will be booked’ then ‘not much longer’ could be more like ‘you may now remove your seat belts and move about the cabin’? Or, ‘Please fasten your seat belts and return your seats to the upright position we are preparing for decent’?

Where is Frank when you need him?!?

maybe headphone , with some amp models

if they are saying lazy , its got ones to be a derivative of current product and one of the lower price point , HX AMP. maybe one, amp , one Cab with Mic options ,
presets . same as HX ONE but with the Amps

or a Mini DL4

Let it be a digital mixer...With all the wing hype coming out, its amazing how far ahead Line6 was when they were working on their own stuff. And no I don't mean Yamaha

Though I'd absolutely LOVE it if Yamaha started really considering other markets for their digital mixers than churches again

My guess (hope) is a new Powercab. Being connected to a major speaker powerhouse in Yamaha could mean a cheaper better product. And would result in them being called lazy?

Let it be a digital mixer...With all the wing hype coming out, its amazing how far ahead Line6 was when they were working on their own stuff. And no I don't mean Yamaha

Though I'd absolutely LOVE it if Yamaha started really considering other markets for their digital mixers than churches again
I would not be mad if it was something that was more performer-oriented. I know it’s a contentious issue on forums, but seriously 60% of the bands we play with are on some sort of IEM system and I’ve had a lot of people consult me on setting up their own system and a lot of it falls apart when it comes to getting a member or two on board with some sort of technology. Or they don’t think it’s “cool”, but they’re already not cool because they’re in a band so I don’t really get that one. I think “sounds really good for the price” probably means another processing box.

That would track with the "low latency" Yamaha wireless headphones that Line6 helped out with.

Not sure I see them doing a Waza Air thing with the Pod Express, but that would fit.

I hope not as headphones are a personal thing and I'd rather not mix my investment in a modeler with my investment/choice of headphones. But it makes sense, especially for the Japanese market where space is a premium.

Yes!

If its going to be cheap [ ie:- "especially for the price" ] ..... its definitely not going to have any of the post-aliasing-fix current-gen Helix / HX algorithms ... it may not even have anything to do with amp-tones (?)

"Especially for the price" means it sounds better than you'd expect for what it costs, but that does not necessarily mean it has to be actually cheap.

We need to think of something derivative of their past products, that they don't already offer.

Could they do something like Variax hardware in a HX One sized box with a mic you attach to any guitar?

Simplified Powercab is a solid guess, I guess they could just move all the processing to Helix 3.8 firmware.

POD Go Stomp?

if they are saying lazy , its got ones to be a derivative of current product and one of the lower price point , HX AMP. maybe one, amp , one Cab with Mic options ,
presets . same as HX ONE but with the Amps

or a Mini DL4
Lazier, but the marketing demos sound stellar.

1000070884.jpg

Back