Let's be contrarians late in the day.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
It's @mbenigni fault :grin

Boogies can certainly have a tendency to have issues. Whether they are on-again/off-again (and maybe self-created?) like my still problematic Badlander cab clone issue. Or the Electra-Dyne freakout on that combo I snagged last winter. The feature set is killer on all their models. But if something can go wrong; there is certainly that possibility. I know there are techs ("techs"?) that whine and moan about them as well. Whether I give an F either way on their opinion. Food for thought as I shop for more :facepalm:sofa:rofl:guiness

tumblr_mlwva1drEg1rll156o1_500.gif

I've been loading up projects for an album I'm working on, and I keep going "fuckkk that guitar tone is amazing" and sure enough... it's the reamps from when I bought my Dual Recto a few months back.

That amp is a keeper. Stick that in yer contrarian shaved butthole.

Love everything about this pic, d

but that SG fretboard
Season 2 Hydration GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

thats probably my favorit guitar, some dude in ohio was building guitars one at a time and selling them on ebay for stupid cheap, like they cant possibly be any good for that cheap, i think this was $700.. i think it was the motorcity pickups owner who told me he had a couple and they were as good as any guitar he has played which i found out he was correct about after i got mine. right after i got mine though he seemed to stop building them, he did LP's and teles and all sorts of shit

It's @mbenigni fault :grin

Boogies can certainly have a tendency to have issues. Whether they are on-again/off-again (and maybe self-created?) like my still problematic Badlander cab clone issue. Or the Electra-Dyne freakout on that combo I snagged last winter. The feature set is killer on all their models. But if something can go wrong; there is certainly that possibility. I know there are techs ("techs"?) that whine and moan about them as well. Whether I give an F either way on their opinion. Food for thought as I shop for more :facepalm:sofa:rofl:guiness
It’s crazy counter-intuitive, though. I think of Mesa as being as mainstream - as safe a bet - as you can get. You’ve got Fender, Marshall, Mesa, and then things get progressively less “household name”. Mesa has a famously uncompromising CEO, famously consistent PCB designs, solid engineering and QA staff, bigger-than-boutique production runs… Should be a sure thing.

My “hell and back “ MkII looked and sounded like chaos incarnate but never required any attention; my MkIV seemed eternally brand new - so polite it seemed like a borderline basic bitch amp; my Express, same deal. So if the OP holds any water then what? Has Mesa become LESS reliable in recent years (decades) as they’ve evolved away from the proven Mk formulae?

I can say this much: I expected my TA would arrive a little banged up, but never imagined it wouldn’t function correctly. :(

Back