Let's be contrarians late in the day.

Yup. If there are safeguards in the amp they could have been responsible for the amp shutting off and
cutting out due to a bad power tube. :idk

Yeah I would want to make sure it can run at full power. If nothing else than just to know one way or another.
I think we crossed lines somewhere. The amp does run at full power.

I'll probably move some power tubes around between the Express and the TA the next time I have the TA opened up, but I don't have any reason to expect an improvement as a result.

Reactions: JT
I think we crossed lines somewhere. The amp does run at full power.

I'll probably move some power tubes around between the Express and the TA the next time I have the TA opened up, but I don't have any reason to expect an improvement as a result.
I thought you were still at 15w mode only. Ignore my suggestions if so :rofl

@mbenigni

I'd want that amp right. I'd send it off to Mesa.
Yeah, this is almost a given; more a question of "when" than "if". The only way it will play out differently is if I speak to a very reputable, Mesa authorized tech nearby, and get good vibes. (Ideally, it would be someone who's already familiar with these TSBs.)

FWIW; at least it's not a 79lb Triple Recto that you need to ship out to Cali :oops: :wat:brick :rofl

If more Power (30w/40w) is not giving you more Volume than at 15w I am betting it is power tubes on
the outside (V7 and V10).

Tube schematic highlights why that could likely be the case.
Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 16-06-11 TA30_121023.pdf.png

If more Power (30w/40w) is not giving you more Volume than at 15w I am betting it is power tubes on
the outside (V7 and V10).
OK, but again, this is *not* the case. I may have said something ambiguous above? I’ve lost track at this point.

Back