Leon Todd

Oh! You read comics while you practice? Sometimes I watch the TV while I practice

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by Justin

Playing over the left leg feels more natural to me, especially on acoustic, but with electric I feel like I need one of those foot risers things otherwise I’m inclined to play up on the tip toes of my left foot.

I started playing on my left knee while I had my right arm in a sling from rotator cuff surgery. I found I liked it better for both left and right hand
positioning. I also use a foot step.

Last edited:
Last summer I had CMC joint surgery on my right thumb, I was in a brace for a month and played my guitars with my index and middle fingers.
The guitar being on my left knee allowed me to keep the brace out of the way of the strings. I don't like standing due to neck issues.

Yes, I'm a mess!:ROFLMAO:, at 63 with 45 years of fitness training and 25 years of ice hockey, parts are wearing out!

Good thing I'm stubborn or stupid!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Last summer I had CMC joint surgery on my right thumb, I was in a race for a month and played my guitars with my index and middle fingers.
The guitar being on my left knee allowed me to keep the brace out of the way of the strings. I don't like standing due to neck issues.

Yes, I'm a mess!:ROFLMAO:, at 63 with 45 years of fitness training and 25 years of ice hockey, parts are wearing out!

Good thing I'm stubborn or stupid!:rolleyes:

It's going to take me the rest of my life to discover it all. :LOL:
I just went in search of a factory preset that demonstrated the Quad Chorus in the MTD Block, and found the Studio Clean preset. Wow!

I lingered there for an hour. There are 2 scenes that use that type, but I ended up on the one called Plastic, which I don't know how it's doing what it's doing, but it was sheer sonic stereo bliss. I used both PU's with the coil tap and blended in about 70% Piezo, and it was wonderful! It does this chorus & delay thing, along with Dual Detune from a Pitch Block, some Reverb, a comp & a multiband compressor. It sounded like Robbie Blunt.

It seemed to swirl, but then swing the tone almost dry-like, across the stereo field, sounding random. Just wild!

Next thing I'm gonna do is switch the amp to the JPIIC Yellow and see what that sounds like.

I don't know how the other modelers or multi-effects units do with these kinds of effects, but this one sure sounds like a pro-level algo! I wonder who made it? @2112 ?

Imma hafta play around with some Robert Plant songs with that one. Mmmm tasty!

You guys/gals with single coils, and especially with Piezos, should try that one. Whoops, I forgot we're on Leon's thread. :facepalm
Well, he's the reason I went in search of that effect! haha

Back