Kip Winger Interviews Steve Vai

I haven’t seen the 2nd part yet but loved the first. There’s some really, really fucking great insight in there from Steve. Might be a bit hippie-ish for some, but the whole bit about putting stuff out into the universe and not feeling guilty or ashamed to ask for it, I wish I had heard that in my younger years. I’d probably be a Ninja Turtle by now.

I enjoyed these. It's always cool to see guys who lived through the era of excess who seem largely humble and self aware these days.

Winger's Pull album is awesome. Even their peak 80's cheese is like a fine parmesan compared to the kraft singles other bands were releasing at that time.

Last edited:
That was fucking hilarious!!
I joke with my wife about it. We watched a recent vid of them doing that song (great musicians, I have nothing against them) and we mentioned it has to be awkward doing that song the older you get. So I said "they should just change the lyrics to she's only 70?" There's a great parody song in there just waiting to come out, i'm just not motivated enough to do it right now. :rofl

Back