Steve Vai, Danny Carey, Adrian Belew and Tony Levin!

Been checking out Discipline, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair the last couple hours and I'm getting flashbacks to the 80s and first buying the albums.
In a bad way.

Discipline is far and away the best but even it is VERY uneven. The other two start with an awesome track......

Both the blue and yellow albums are one and done for me. Too much self indulgent meandering mixed with 80s cheese.

Now I'm wishing they'd do the 5-6 good tracks from the albums and then add in well known songs from each member.
Imagine 21st Schizoid with Vai! :oops:

Been checking out Discipline, Beat, and Three of a Perfect Pair the last couple hours and I'm getting flashbacks to the 80s and first buying the albums.
In a bad way.

Discipline is far and away the best but even it is VERY uneven. The other two start with an awesome track......

Both the blue and yellow albums are one and done for me. Too much self indulgent meandering mixed with 80s cheese.

Now I'm wishing they'd do the 5-6 good tracks from the albums and then add in well known songs from each member.
Imagine 21st Schizoid with Vai! :oops:

Meh 21st century schizoid man is so played out at this point. I don't really need to hear it again with or without vai

Give me the invention of math rock and mindfuck prog any day of the week

I’ve been enjoying shows right by FOH the last several shows I’ve been at and enjoying it quite a bit. Certain bands I’ll want to get up close for, but something like this where I’m not going to be inclined to jump in a mosh pit, I’m perfectly fine having the best possible listening point in the room. Especially at the Parker.

IMG_0045.jpeg

Specifically, the system consists of 16 V8 loudspeakers deployed eight-deep left and right, a single custom red Vi7P point source loudspeaker at center to match the Austrian curtain, seven 8S loudspeakers for front fill and three SL-GSUBS under the stage in a horizontal array. Audio power and control are provided by D80, 30D, and D20 amplifiers along with DS10 signal conversion and distribution.

I love all 3 of those albums ;~)) Three Of A Perfect Pair is probably my favorite! Favorite song on those three albums, and feel free to throw rusted car parts at me for it, is "Dig Me"!! I just love hearing that decaying automobiles history and plea for freedom ;~)) There is certainly better stuff musically on those 3 albums, but that is my favorite song!!! If the stars align, I will find my way to one of those shows, but certainly not at $500 a seat, I would have to opt for a more "reasonable" venue when it comes to pricing.

Fav KC album is Lark's Tongues in Aspic and favorite song there is "Easy Money" which I have been learning to play poorly as of late ;~)) That would be a killer and appropriate selection for them to rip on this tour!

@DrewJD82

Re: Parker Playhouse - that looks very similar to the venue where I saw Aussie Pink Floyd, and had it ruined by cell phones and club chatter.

You ever seen them? AMAZING show. A lot of their stage lighting/props they purchased directly from Pink Floyd Floyd Inc.

5DM38962_HD_t800.jpg

Back