Khruangbin

big fan of them for a while now. love their style. very unique.

Thank you.

I would have never stumbled across this just by searching youtube.
How do I find this kind of music?

Thank you.

I would have never stumbled across this just by searching youtube.
How do I find this kind of music?

I found them on YT just clicking around one night.

AudioTree, KEXP, NPR Tiny Desk, Pitchfork etc. are good channels to occasionally scan for something a little off the beaten path. (AudioTree and KEXP in particular)

I don’t have my ear to the ground near as much these days with new music so I generally stumble over stuff a couple years after the party. :ROFLMAO:

There is a great show of them from Austin City Limits on YT.

Here's some Deluxe Reverb vibes, too, @DrewJD82

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good point.

@DrewJD82 The guitarist runs a DS1 into his deluxe, tone knob all the way dark, no gain, just bumping the level. (Think he runs a compressor early in the chain too, but barely on, just a little tightener)

We’re gonna get Drew vibing with that Deluxe come hell or high water. :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good point.

@DrewJD82 The guitarist runs a DS1 into his deluxe, tone knob all the way dark, no gain, just bumping the level. (Think he runs a compressor early in the chain too, but barely on, just a little tightener)

We’re gonna get Drew vibing with that Deluxe come hell or high water. :ROFLMAO:

Well, tones that sound like cardboard aren't going to do it. :ROFLMAO: I'm watching a different live video now and I'm digging it in this one-

Still not really what I'm lookin' for, though. This band is pretty cool, I wasn't digging that first song much; I really just wanted him to let a chord ring out for a couple seconds after a while :roflBut the first song on the video I posted is pretty damn cool. Perfect for Cheetos time. I'm definitely going to check out more of these guys.

The guitarist runs a DS1 into his deluxe, tone knob all the way dark, no gain, just bumping the level

Mark also has a nearly always on Cry Baby wah in toe-down position before the DS-1.

And then he has some weird pickup wiring. And he never changes his flatwound strings. He's pretty unique haha!

The guitarist runs a DS1 into his deluxe, tone knob all the way dark, no gain, just bumping the level. (Think he runs a compressor early in the chain too, but barely on, just a little tightener
Don't forget the always-on wah pedal, year-old flatwounds and owns only one pick :oops:

Edit: @jellodog great minds :beer

@Alex Kenivel LOL.

Jimmy Fallon Twins GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Well, tones that sound like cardboard aren't going to do it. :ROFLMAO: I'm watching a different live video now and I'm digging it in this one-

Still not really what I'm lookin' for, though. This band is pretty cool, I wasn't digging that first song much; I really just wanted him to let a chord ring out for a couple seconds after a while :roflBut the first song on the video I posted is pretty damn cool. Perfect for Cheetos time. I'm definitely going to check out more of these guys.

Yeah, I don't love-love them either. Apart from Laura. We got a thing going on that she,
apparently, has not caught onto just yet. :idk

I think they are cool, and different, and I love the use of Silverface-era Fenders. :love

The fact the he resembles my deceased Uncle's dog with that wig on doesn't help. I have to close my
eyes and listen with my ears. Except Laura. :rofl

On My Way Running GIF by American Kennel Club

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't love-love them either. Apart from Laura. We got a thing going on that she,
apparently, has not caught onto just yet. :idk

I think they are cool, and different, and I love the use of Silverface-era Fenders. :love

The fact the he resembles my deceased Uncle's dog with that wig on doesn't help. I have to close my
eyes and listen with my ears. Except Laura. :rofl

On My Way Running GIF by American Kennel Club

I dig everything else I heard but that one song and I think it's badass these guys have enough of a following they can play around the world. It's so full of guitar but it's not the typical virtuoso stuff, definitely refreshing to hear.

And don't worry, man, she'll catch on sooner than later. You're a good man, just keep at it. :LOL:

Back