Just Perusing Mesas on Reverb...

I have a feeling that tube amps will go the way of the horse. No longer an everyday staple but instead an expensive but very alive and well pastime for a select population of enthusiasts who love them. At the very least, I don’t see them truly going away as long as millennials are still able to play.

Last edited:
hamilton-king-george.gif

But for real, congrats! I bet the mesa is great! I love having a tube amp around but still wouldn't want to part with my digital gear. It can be a lot but prevents me from repurchasing.

Have you had time to play it yet?

100% sure I’ll be back! But I think I’ll be keeping both around from here on.

I’m on a temporary hiatus so it was a good time to do something fun with my gear

It’s interesting the different perspectives you see on this in different circles.

I was talking with a group of local players yesterday and every one of them is using tube amps for all their gigging and only one of them had even heard of Fractal. None of them had ever played a Fractal and none of them had owned a modeler.

And these weren’t a bunch of old out of touch guys, they were all between 25-50 working guitarists.

Anecdotal, but I see quite a lot of live music from local to national levels and digital is still in the extreme minority compared to tube amps :idk

The only genre I consistently see it more frequently in is the metal world, and even thst is like 50/50 at most

I paid $1,500 for my like new mostly unused but used 50th Anniversary Triple Rectifier. Post covid.

Paid $1,000 for my Rev G Dual and $1,000 for my Rev G Triple. Both pre covid.

IMO, $1,500 for these older amps is Iine with inflation.

I sold my Tremoverb combo for $900 6 or 7 years ago after paying $900 for it many years before.

I don't like today's prices as they feel too high but so is everything else.

If the economy takes a crap it’ll happen. If not I already borrowed my pals and tested against the axeFX and I’m perfectly happy not spending 1800 bucks. Sounded close enough to me.

I do miss my Mark V 90 but I got it from someone at a crazy low price because he thought it was broken and didnt want to deal with it. Turned out he just didn't know how to use the footswitch and I just happened to be less than a block from an ATM.

I do miss my Mark V 90 but I got it from someone at a crazy low price because he thought it was broken and didnt want to deal with it. Turned out he just didn't know how to use the footswitch and I just happened to be less than a block from an ATM.

I still have mine, bought new in 2009. S/N 365, IIRC. Pretty early in the run. It's not going anywhere.

I still have mine, bought new in 2009. S/N 365, IIRC. Pretty early in the run. It's not going anywhere.

I had a Purple Stripe and it was a great amp. I think I traded it straight up for a DSL100H and a 1960A cab if I remember right.

Folks still asking 800-1k for Express 25's and Nomads. Eeesh. I'd pay 600 for an F-100 though

Back