Just Perusing Mesas on Reverb...

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
..., and either inflation is making the market really soft, and/or maybe amp demand in general is truly waning, because some of these prices are crazy-low, imo.

So much stuff for right around 15 hundred bucks: Dual & Triple Recs, Mk V combos, Roadster combos, even a Road King combo for 15. Course retubing one of those 4-channel beasts adds another ~$500, so there's that.

I mean, just seeing how many guys here in our own little slice of geardom have recently bought a modeler, to me is telling. I really wouldn't be surprised if the age of amps is truly over.

#sellemnow

..., and either inflation is making the market really soft, and/or maybe amp demand in general is truly waning, because some of these prices are crazy-low, imo.

So much stuff for right around 15 hundred bucks: Dual & Triple Recs, Mk V combos, Roadster combos, even a Road King combo for 15. Course retubing one of those 4-channel beasts adds another ~$500, so there's that.

I mean, just seeing how many guys here in our own little slice of geardom have recently bought a modeler, to me is telling. I really wouldn't be surprised if the age of amps is truly over.

#sellemnow

Can you say digital cameras in your telephone?

I really wouldn't be surprised if the age of amps is truly over.

#sellemnow
As much as I hate to admit it, that is probably true... at least in terms of tube amps. Though there will always be a need for amps and speakers in the foreseeable future because of the need to be heard.

Interesting. I was just perusing Mesa's on my FM9.

OIG.Srvy.jpg

Yep. At the moment I don’t own a single piece of digital gear (except for the CabClone in the head)
hamilton-king-george.gif

But for real, congrats! I bet the mesa is great! I love having a tube amp around but still wouldn't want to part with my digital gear. It can be a lot but prevents me from repurchasing.

Have you had time to play it yet?

The market is just deflating back toward where it used to be. Student loan repayments starting back up will deflate the market for luxury items, like amps. Back in 2019, Mark IVs would regularly sell for $1200-$1500. I bought a mint multi watt dual rec in 2020 for $1250. Just give it time. The market is still nowhere close to as low as it was 3-4 years ago, we've just all gotten used to inflated post-pandemic prices.

Many people don't work at home anymore, student loans have kicked back in, and inflation has cost people to spend more on housing, transportation, and other essentials. Yes amps are becoming less popular, but I don't think the drop in prices is just because modelers are so good.

The market is just deflating back toward where it used to be. Student loan repayments starting back up will deflate the market for luxury items, like amps. Back in 2019, Mark IVs would regularly sell for $1200-$1500. I bought a mint multi watt dual rec in 2020 for $1250. Just give it time. The market is still nowhere close to as low as it was 3-4 years ago, we've just all gotten used to inflated post-pandemic prices.

Many people don't work at home anymore, student loans have kicked back in, and inflation has cost people to spend more on housing, transportation, and other essentials. Yes amps are becoming less popular, but I don't think the drop in prices is just because modelers are so good.

I think another factor is that money is very tight for a LOT of people. So we're seeing people pricing gear lower because they need to move it quickly. When the economy was booming, people were able to spend more.

Naw..we’re still actually in Caveman mode,
I’d say the backside(no pun).
Seriously though, the leap is on the crust..
Most hobbies/sports..humans are maxed out..
And so is the supernormal stimuli profuced from the creatives/athlete’s of these hobbies/sports etc.
Taxed out..we’re made of flesh.
The “supernatural stimuli”🤘🏻..
-NOW we’re cookin’ with gas💯.
Using technologies..
Example:
Guitar synthesizer’s that are super bad ass
F’n Robo-Hendrix shit.
Once the Neurolink type devices start getting installed…
You’re gonna have to have Hendrix on one finger.

You wanna’ know why tube amplifier’s ain’t dead?
-cuz I’m goin’ to play mine right now💯

Back