JUST BRING ANOTHER GUITAR

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Seriously. One of my BIGGEST pet peeves ever. Brings $5900 worth of gear to a gig but can't bring a second guitar in a different tuning or "DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!" transpose the song up a half step to 440 OR "DINGDINGDINGDINGDING! 2: PICK A DIFFERENT SONG OUT OF THE BAZILLION SONGS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE BOOGLAOO"

Seriously. One of my BIGGEST pet peeves ever. Brings $5900 worth of gear to a gig but can't bring a second guitar in a different tuning or "DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!" transpose the song up a half step to 440 OR "DINGDINGDINGDINGDING! 2: PICK A DIFFERENT SONG OUT OF THE BAZILLION SONGS IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE BOOGLAOO"

I got asked to fill in on bass for a local cover band about 10 years ago for a couple months, while the band found another permanent member. I agreed begrudgingly (Bass? Yuck) only because I was sniffing around with the lead singers chick, who was my coworker. (Another story) These dudes insisted that they play every song in the original key. I kid you not, we changed tunings 15+ times a night. I told them we should just tune to Eb (and go to dropped C# from there for dropped D songs) or conservatively (drumroll) group the songs in the set to the same tuning, because the drunk chicks on the dance floor or the dudes following them around trying to get laid, did not care if the song was a half step down. lol That went entirely over their heads, and away we went playing the tuner pedal for 20 minutes a night. Good times.

I got asked to fill in on bass for a local cover band about 10 years ago for a couple months, while the band found another permanent member. I agreed begrudgingly (Bass? Yuck) only because I was sniffing around with the lead singers chick, who was my coworker. (Another story) These dudes insisted that they play every song in the original key. I kid you not, we changed tunings 15+ times a night. I told them we should just tune to Eb (and go to dropped C# from there for dropped D songs) or conservatively (drumroll) group the songs in the set to the same tuning, because the drunk chicks on the dance floor or the dudes following them around trying to get laid, did not care if the song was a half step down. lol That went entirely over their heads, and away we went playing the tuner pedal for 20 minutes a night. Good times.
This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen :ROFLMAO:

I use the VC a bunch in the III and a bunch when recording bass. I spent a year sorting out bass tunings/string gauges between 3 basses just for Cliff to update the III’s VC and make each bass pretty much redundant. Bastard.

Laziness? Or addicts to convenience? Combo of both??

It's one of my biggest beefs with "musicians" these days. Everyone wants the one trip load in and load out. WTF??!!

I guess we are not willing to suffer for our art. As if that will somehow make our performances better. Not! :)

Laziness? Or addicts to convenience? Combo of both??

It's one of my biggest beefs with "musicians" these days. Everyone wants the one trip load in and load out. WTF??!!

I guess we are not willing to suffer for our art. As if that will somehow make our performances better. Not! :)

6rnb65.jpg

Back