Is this a/the problem?

1689865693222.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JT
I wouldn't want the burden of being beautiful and having a pleasing figure. That's a lot to
carry with people's endless projections on you. Cuz people can be shit, but without the
useful fertility shit provides to soil.

Ugly mediocrity is fine by me. Glad to have it. :LOL:

I wouldn't want the burden of being beautiful and having a pleasing figure. That's a lot to
carry with people's endless projections on you. Cuz people can be shit, but without the
useful fertility shit provides to soil.

Ugly mediocrity is fine by me. Glad to have it. :LOL:
It’s rough, man. I get tired of people just thinking I’m all beauty, and no brains. MY EYES ARE UP HERE!

I've watched few of her videos and I have to say there's nothing wrong with her being on a magazine cover.

She's not John Petrucci but, on the other hand, 2023 is not 1992 either.

She plays very good, she makes her music, she tours and play on stages in front of real people and she has 940k subscribers on YT.

That's a nice career in my book.

I'll add that being a woman makes life much more difficult in the world of guitar centric music.

I don't understand what's wrong with her outfit. She's dressed like a metal head like thousand other around the world.

Sex sells. Been that way forever. I don't see a single person in this thread actually complaining about it.
That's just about it.
I've watched few of her videos and I have to say there's nothing wrong with her being on a magazine cover.

She's not John Petrucci but, on the other hand, 2023 is not 1992 either.

She plays very good, she makes her music, she tours and play on stages in front of real people and she has 940k subscribers on YT.

That's a nice career in my book.

I'll add that being a woman makes life much more difficult in the world of guitar centric music.

I don't understand what's wrong with her outfit. She's dressed like a metal head like thousand other around the world.
/Thread

That's just about it. She looks good. She gigs. She can play. 3 factors, that go pretty well together.

And back to the original topic: Covers sell magazines. If the "Gitarre und Bass" magazine here in Germany has an ugly as fuck guitar on the cover I won't buy it. Vice versa I buy it. That's just attraction.

(And if you wonder "who the fuck buys print mags these days???" Me, bc I don't want to read on my phone on the shitter. And I am surely not alone with this)

Funny that they included Satriani front and center. He's not even in the same league as those other two but his face/name is what sold that issue for most people I'd imagine.

I find Guthrie Govan music unattractive for my personal taste. Of course I admire his amazing skills, but I am talking about the music that I enjoy listening when I sit at the sofa.

On the contrary, I was immediately attracted to Nick Johnston compositions. Why? Because of the melodic contents of his songs. Nick Johnston (as Satriani, Vai, MacAlpine, Michael Lee Firkins, Jeff Beck, Jason Becker, Vinnie Moore, Malmsteen, etc.) uses remarkable melodies that are enjoyable, while I still haven't found a Govan's melody that I immediately memorize, enjoy repeating it on my head, and want to learn to play myself.

I once mentioned this issue, and I was invited to listen to this:

Yes! That contains some of the remarkable and melodic contents that I enjoy. But is that an isolated example? I still haven't found much beyond that. Just amazing playing that I enjoyed listening one time (I use to press FF on his videos), and I never felt the need to listen to it again. Super amazing playing from an astonishing musician, a real Maestro, but not memorable to me.

This immediately captured my attention. It is like it brings lost memories when I listen to it. I bought the album, the tabs, the backing tracks, his guitar lessons, I've spent months learning to play the songs... and I even bought a Schecter Nick Johnston USA! But I've never had that crush with Govan, even though both are bearded and tall.

:sofa:bag:sofa:bag:sofa

Last edited:
On the contrary, I was immediately attracted to Nick Johnston compositions.

Nick would have made a great 3rd player for that cover! I have the backing tracks for his solo album that I'll jam to once in a while. I completely agree with your point.

Last edited:
Back