Is Source Audio updating their pedals?

Desertdweller

Roadie
I had a Source Audio overdrive last year and thought it was awesome, but the only way I could modify the overdrive types on it was via a 2005-era USB cable and a PC app. It didn't have Bluetooth, and though there was a phone app for it, I couldn't connect it as it required a headphone jack on my phone.

I thought I read somewhere that they were re releasing some of their pedals to modernize connectivity, but I can't find it now. I'd love to snag a Collider or LA Lady again, but was wondering if anyone had heard if they're working on this or something even better.

I decided to sell my SA stuff I don't use for like 2 years. EQ2, the synth one and true spring. IIRC no updates.

PS Ah you mean hardware updates :cool:
At least synth came with their strange audio cable. So if you have phone with audio jack you can do something https://www.sourceaudio.net/store/p3/neuro-cable.html
PPS damn my reading skills suck, you mentioned that too. OK I'll try to be useful $5 usb-c to jack cable =)

I have an Atlas. It uses a micro USB. I asked them why they didn't use USBC like the rest of the world. They said that the standard had changed by the time they got done developing the pedal and to change it to USBC at that point would have cost them a lot of time to market.

On The Other Place, Source Audio guys have said that they are doing at least these:
  • New Neuro editor 3.0 software. Probably coming out in a few months.
  • A "red pedal" which should release around April. It's unknown what it is but SA says it's something nothing else on the market atm does. Some speculate it might be a pitch shifter.
  • New Collider firmware that adds a blinking light on the main encoder knob LEDs to indicate which side you are editing. Nice small improvement that should help avoid the "which side was I editing again?" confusion a bit.
  • New hardware platform that might come out in 2025.
That's all that I've found.

So don't expect any significant updates to their existing pedal lineup this year. That was one of the reasons why I chose to get a used Collider last year, as it wasn't likely to get a successor anytime soon.

For me USB-C vs micro-USB doesn't really matter much.

It's when companies still use the USB Mini that it throws me off.
1706383318788.png

I mean, that's what charges a 2006 Playstation 3 controller.

On The Other Place, Source Audio guys have said that they are doing at least these:
  • New Neuro editor 3.0 software. Probably coming out in a few months.
  • A "red pedal" which should release around April. It's unknown what it is but SA says it's something nothing else on the market atm does. Some speculate it might be a pitch shifter.
  • New Collider firmware that adds a blinking light on the main encoder knob LEDs to indicate which side you are editing. Nice small improvement that should help avoid the "which side was I editing again?" confusion a bit.
  • New hardware platform that might come out in 2025.
That's all that I've found.

So don't expect any significant updates to their existing pedal lineup this year. That was one of the reasons why I chose to get a used Collider last year, as it wasn't likely to get a successor anytime soon.

This "New hardware platform that might come out in 2025". I love SA stuff but it is so complex that a better hardware UI would help get the most out it. At least a numerical display to tell you a preset number.

This "New hardware platform that might come out in 2025". I love SA stuff but it is so complex that a better hardware UI would help get the most out it. At least a numerical display to tell you a preset number.
IMO the 4 little LEDs to show 4 or 8 presets is more than enough.

The bigger issue is the dual engine stuff where neither side's knobs point in the right direction so infinite encoders + small screen might be nicer.

I have a Source Audio Ventris. A while ago they had a firmware upgrade that allows the pedal to be edited via iphone Camera kit. Still need the old-style USB cable though.

Back