If I heard you play which 3 players would I be reminded of?

You’re being way too generous. I’m thinking more like the guy they called because he was sick that day and every other guitarist on their list was already booked :rofl
efren ramirez janitor GIF by Middle School Movie

Wait... You guys can play guitar??

Think you took a wrong turn a ways back.....

Here ya go!

Think you took a wrong turn a ways back.....

Here ya go!
Funny, I make a similar joke whenever I'm feeling directionless with the instrument or music in general. I say that my continuing to practice is basically like doing needlepoint.

"Joke" might not be exactly the right word LOL.

:farley

I say that my continuing to practice is basically like doing needlepoint.

In all seriousness I use Olympic ice skating as an example.

Practice is just that. I'm trying to perfect all of the wow moves but also how to connect them together.
Then when I'm jamming along to music I imagine the skater's long program where it's all about making the wow stuff
seamlessly blend in with all of the really flowing melodic stuff.

In all seriousness I use Olympic ice skating as an example.

Practice is just that. I'm trying to perfect all of the wow moves but also how to connect them together.
Then when I'm jamming along to music I imagine the skater's long program where it's all about making the wow stuff
seamlessly blend in with all of the really flowing melodic stuff.
Well, your metaphor is much more aspirational than mine. I'm usually trying to convey that my playing the guitar has become an (ironically) pointless hobby.

:blanket

Note: I don't always feel this way.

TT was the first guy that popped into my head. Weird to see him clean shaven in that old pic!

Tommy-Tedesco-05.jpg

Definitely, I have to admit it took me a sec to place who that was in the first pic!

And it didn’t help that I thought the drum case said Carl Palmer instead of Earl Palmer :ROFLMAO:

Back