I ain’t gon lie. As ugly af as I think PRS are, I really want a DGT.

Butttt I gotta let these reverb prices on these cool. People are outside their minds on the prices for these shits.

the mayor GIF by ABC Network

I’ve yet to play a PRS DGT SE, but I do own core DGT.

It is one of the top 5 guitars in my 40+ guitars in my collection.

It as sounds plays amazingly well, and is crazy versatile.

I could see the DGT SE being a pretty good guitar, but I just can’t see it being close to the Core’s level.

I say go for the Core, you won’t regret it.

The lucked out a few years back, and was able to score mine locally for $1750.

By the way mine is an ‘09 DGT Sunburst 10-Top.

Last edited:
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

The only thing that's bothering me about this is the concept of a goldtop 10-top. Unless in my sleepy ignorance I'm missing humour, what would be the point of having a 10 top and then giving it a solid finish? Unless you like pointlessly throwing money away, I suppose. In which case, I can send you my Paypal link.

I like the DGT core but the SE feels cheap to me the finish is plasticy and the carve is horrible. Pickups lack complexity and the hardware is obviously budget.

There's Plenty of GAS around these parts thats for sure

There's Plenty of GAS around these parts thats for sure
It was the other sort of gas !

I tried both the DGT and 594 and liked the 594 much better and bought it, so I wouldn't say the DGT is the "best guitar PRS make." Scale length, neck width + carve, and trem vs non-trem makes them apples and oranges, really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As to Core vs SE, I'm the kind of guy that would always wonder about the Core if I had the latter, so it was best to just get the Core and be done with it. Depends if you're the same, @paisleywookiee ? New Core prices are insane however, so maybe better to go used?

I have had my DGT since early 2012. It is a guitar that isn't going anywhere. I actually got luck and picked up a set of DGT pickups from someone that mentioned selling them on a different forum. I threw my name in and was the second guy in line. The first guy wasn't serious about buying them. The guy gave me the price and I felt like I was getting them for a super good deal when comparing to prices on Reverb, when you can find them.

I have a core DGT. I can play stuff on that guitar that I can't play on anything else. It's just ridiculous how good it is. My only complaint is that it doesn't look like a Les Paul.

Back