IEM/Mixer Rack Upgrade (DIY/X-Air content)

Alex Kenivel

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Cue the "eww, B£#®! ^%€®" comments

M'kay, get that out of your system?

Cue the "eww, Instagram" comments.

I put together this rack when I was still gigging, yet in the midst of covid so it had only seen a couple handful of gigs after lockdowns were lifted. It had been sitting in the garage for about a year and I decided to pull it out and set it up in the living room for family jams (connected to our home theater system with).

A few days ago I noticed the side without a rack ear drooping pretty badly and I immediately knew that my dual lock strips had failed so today I decided to do something about it.

A few hours and a billion metal shavings later I'm ready for a second coat of paint on the rack ear and I can get to the interesting install. More on the "interesting" later.

Last edited:
The saga continues.

The "interesting" part went out the window as I couldn't figure out how to recess the rack with both ears installed without some serious MacGyver Maneuvers™ so I decided to flush mount and "mod" the cable for Aux 1 instead.

The saga continues.

The "interesting" part went out the window as I couldn't figure out how to recess the rack with both ears installed without some serious MacGyver Maneuvers™ so I decided to flush mount and "mod" the cable for Aux 1 instead.

I had someone 3D print me recessed ears for it. Definitely worth the $30 in plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_3346.jpeg
    IMG_3346.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3345.jpeg
    IMG_3345.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Back