Idiocracy is upon us

You’re like 25 years too late for ‘my bad’!

I’ve been saying that since I was in 9th grade in 1998. :rofl Sometimes I even say “my B”!!!

I call everyone dude, bro or brother; male or female, I just don’t do the ownership thing. In general it’s usually a closer term of endearment than just “Hey dude”. Case in point, I was in a bar a little while back and egos started rising with a couple guys when someone bumped into someone else, the guy who did the bumping was trying to apologize and said “My dude, it was an accident.” while the other guy was more on the “Dude you f*ckin’ knocked my drink over”.

There are far, far worse ‘offenses’ to language. I still don’t know what cappin’ is, but I know it’s not the cap as in ‘bust a cap’. I stopped trying to keep up about 10 years ago.

I mean, I’m sure at one point it was very informal to simply say “Hi” instead of “Greetings” or some sh*t like that. :ROFLMAO:

You’re like 25 years too late for ‘my bad’!

I’ve been saying that since I was in 9th grade in 1998. :rofl Sometimes I even say “my B”!!!

I call everyone dude, bro or brother; male or female, I just don’t do the ownership thing. In general it’s usually a closer term of endearment than just “Hey dude”. Case in point, I was in a bar a little while back and egos started rising with a couple guys when someone bumped into someone else, the guy who did the bumping was trying to apologize and said “My dude, it was an accident.” while the other guy was more on the “Dude you f*ckin’ knocked my drink over”.

There are far, far worse ‘offenses’ to language. I still don’t know what cappin’ is, but I know it’s not the cap as in ‘bust a cap’. I stopped trying to keep up about 10 years ago.

I mean, I’m sure at one point it was very informal to simply say “Hi” instead of “Greetings” or some sh*t like that. :ROFLMAO:
Must have taken a while to infiltrate the Midwest.

Oh...another one is "Bussin"...What in the fuck? Makes me think of bussing inner city kids to the suburbs.

Must have taken a while to infiltrate the Midwest.

Oh...another one is "Bussin"...What in the f**k? Makes me think of bussing inner city kids to the suburbs.

Yeah, bussin’ and cappin’ I got no clue WTF they mean and I’m not going out of my way to find out.

English is not my first language, but since few years ago I listen millennials vey often saying the phrase "and it was like..." (with an emotional tone) when they are talking about some experience. I don't remember having listened that when I was younger. Is that a new catch phrase, or has it always been there?

Sometimes they don't even finish the phrase to say what it was like. They just say "it was like...", make some gesture with the face or the hands, and laugh or change the subject

“Let’s go!” is played out now. Add it to the list of sayings that need to die. It had its moment, but I can be at my sons basketball game and hear it no less than 73 times. Routine layup… “Let’s go!” Make a free throw… “Let’s go!”

It’s like a “Lets go!” Rally.

Tie your shoe….

LETS GO!

Last edited:
English is not my first language, but since few years ago I listen millennials vey often saying the phrase "and it was like..." (with an emotional tone) when they are talking about some experience. I don't remember having listened that when I was younger. Is that a new catch phrase, or has it always been there?

Sometimes they don't even finish the phrase to say what it was like. They just say "it was like...", make some gesture with the face or the hands, and laugh or change the subject
It's almost as if the "no child left behind" policy has made English composition an elective with participation trophy's. Lol

I've read your posts for a couple years. I have to say for being a second language you have a very good grasp on the English language. 👍

“Let’s go!” is played out now. Add it to the list of sayings that need to die. It had its moment, but I can be at my sons basketball game and hear it no less than 73 times. Routine layup… “Let’s go!” Make a free throw… “Let’s go!”

It’s like a “Lets go!” Rally.

Tie your shoe….

LETS GO!
I am embarrassingly stupid about sports. Don't care. I just started yelling "Pick the hoop Kyle!" at everything and hoped that one day, at one event; I might be correct in what I was cheering on to happen.

I am embarrassingly stupid about sports. Don't care. I just started yelling "Pick the hoop Kyle!" at everything and hoped that one day, at one event; I might be correct in what I was cheering on to happen.
go-sports.gif

Back