Ibanez Pentatone Preamp

Anyone ever snag one of these? I wonder why so little fanfare. Looks and sounds great, to me.
It is such a saturated market right now for preamps and preamp pedals. This thing looks cool, but do you get this, or a Chug, or a 2716, or a KSR Ceres, or a Soldano, AMT, Diezel, Friedman BEOD, etc. Lots of amazing pedal-platform preamp pedals now are all over the market, they all sound unbelievable for solid state technology, and they are all built like tanks.

Probably not enough hipster marketing tactic?

Also, it's in a difficult place on the shelves. Not hip/boutique, but not Shenzhen-level cheap either, hence probably a tough sell.
Or proof the market is super saturated with products like that and has nothing to do with it “hip/boutique” because if that were the case then Boss, MXR, etc would not be selling which is obviously not true.

Or proof the market is super saturated with products like that and has nothing to do with it “hip/boutique” because if that were the case then Boss, MXR, etc would not be selling which is obviously not true.
Those brands have a huge selection of classic pedals though that tons of people have used for decades though. Love them or hate them, everyone knows the Metal Zone, Blues Driver, Carbon Copy, Phase 90, etc. Ibanez has the Tubescreamer and a lot of older guys remember the terrible sound tanks. I can't think of an Ibanez pedal that isn't a TS variant.

Sounds dark to me.

The graphic EQ with a frequency sweep is pretty cool.

Those brands have a huge selection of classic pedals though that tons of people have used for decades though. Love them or hate them, everyone knows the Metal Zone, Blues Driver, Carbon Copy, Phase 90, etc. Ibanez has the Tubescreamer and a lot of older guys remember the terrible sound tanks. I can't think of an Ibanez pedal that isn't a TS variant.
I think it's more that Ibanez hasn't pushed their pedal brand to the same degree as Boss and others. They're first and foremost a guitar company, so it seems they don't sink too much into marketing pedals because of that... unless it's in the TS bloodline. Although they did/do make the 850 fuzz, SD9, Super Metal that aren't TS derivatives. Plus other effects in their mini line.

Back