I HATE GOLD HARDWARE

I'm not crazy about gold either, but with that binding, your guitar is very tastefully done and would not look right with silver, chrome, etc HW. Most other guitars with gold hardware guitars I see just look gaudy to me and remind me of our average Florida Walmart shopper wearing their "Bling" YMMV
yes i really do like the guitar, but for looks i Much prefer this one -->

1709298730217.png

:D

Maybe Santa will finally bring me one this year? :hmm

View attachment 16255
I have come so close to buying one of those a few times. What has kept me from doing it is seeing pictures of what they look like when the finish starts to bubble up on the back of them. I have also seen some pictures of them wearing fast on the front where your arm rests on it. I would love to have one but I want one that has the durability of a poly finish guitar.

I am for the most part not a fan of gold hardware. The main reason is that it typically doesn't hold up well. The only guitar that I have with gold hardware is a PRS Artist guitar. The PRS gold hardware seems to hold up much better than other brands. I have read that is has real gold in the plating. Maybe that is why it holds up? I don't know. I honestly don't play the guitar that much so it isn't getting much wear.

Admittedly, I overdid it here. Definitely going to revert back to the black pup rings next string change.

NhwB8YWJ_o.jpg

A little gold in the stable is fun, adds variety but i hear you how it degrades. On this tele Iintentially mixed a little gold in with the nickel, like the Pro-Pins, jack & neck plate, etc. Looks great on the "Aroused Pink" I came up by mixing leather dyes
bLi5BArX_o.jpg

8AoLO4I6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Admittedly, I overdid it here. Definitely going to revert back to the black pup rings next string change.

NhwB8YWJ_o.jpg

A little gold in the stable is fun, adds variety but i hear you how it degrades. On this tele intentially mixed a little gold in with the nickel, like the Pro-Pins, jack & neck plate, etc. Looks on the "Aroused Pink" I came up by mixing leather dyes
bLi5BArX_o.jpg

8AoLO4I6_o.jpg

NhwB8YWJ_o.jpg

A little gold in the stable is fun, adds variety but i hear you how it degrades. On this tele intentially mixed a little gold in with the nickel, like the Pro-Pins, jack & neck plate, etc. Looks on the "Aroused Pink" I came up by mixing leather dyes
bLi5BArX_o.jpg

8AoLO4I6_o.jpg
That gator strap is :chef

Back