$#%@! I forgot…

I don't think I've ever forgot somenthing for a gig, I usually bring two or more of everything important and some more.
Actually happened few times I've saved a bandmate's ass with my redundancies.

I'm pretty good at preparing my stuff in advance and keeping things organized.

Well, hats off to all of you who have never once left the house without something you needed. You’re better than me :rofl

Another thing to consider, you do this for a living and probably play way more gigs in a year than the average forum member. It’s easy to run through the checklist when you’re gigging once a week/month and far easier to casually leave something behind when you’re doing it multiple days a week, especially if you’re changing gear up between shows.

I have to drive back to my apartment for my work keys or iPad at least once a month, but the day of a gig I’m usually packed hours beforehand and double checked everything. I know if I were bringing that gear up and down the stairs all the time, or bringing half of it in each night I’d most certainly be forgetting shit left and right.

Well, hats off to all of you who have never once left the house without something you needed. You’re better than me :rofl
I've forgotten speaker cables for the PA couple of times. Picks, maybe once. Used a quarter instead.
Extra strings and instrument cables. Of course something will always go wrong that one time you forget.

I was running sound for a festival, and on the last day, my band was one of the acts. Packed up all the PA shit and (most of) my rig, drove an hour to the gig. As I'm unpacking my car I realized I left my gig bag at home. Said bag contains my guitar strap, instrument and speaker cables, picks, recorder... pretty much everything I needed to play our set. Got the first band all soundchecked and ready to perform, drove all the way home to get my bag, drove all the way back, ran onstage, and setup my rig just in time to play. Despite recovering from the blunder, it had me in a bad state of mind, one of the worst performances of my "career"! :LOL:

Yup. People also lie all the time. :LOL:

Have left an entire pedalboard behind. Had to go straight into the amp with a borrowed instrument cable. It was kind of fun.

Left out Speaker Stands one time and had to put the PA on Bar tables. That didn't work so well.

Totally spaced out the Mixer in a "I thought you grabbed it!" "No, I thought you grabbed it!" moment. Had to call
a guy we knew in a town 30 minutes away to borrow his mixer.

Spaced out Guitar Cab Mic Stands more times than I care to mention.

Fucking Capos. I thought it was in my case. Nope. Instant transposing. Great skill to have. But not if you kind of
need those quasi-open strings/chords a Capo offers.

Shit happens. Even to Professionals. Hell, sometimes a Surgeon will operate on the wrong leg. I at least won't
ever do something like that. :LOL:

I forgot to flush after popo :poop:
Toilet Err GIF

Back