I don't want to read the manual. Stomp XL switches

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Are the up/down arrows and mode and tap buttons able to have midi commands assigned to them to switch external gear? Or is it that thing where silkscreened values on the switches represent the only things you can do with those switches?

Are the up/down arrows and mode and tap buttons able to have midi commands assigned to them to switch external gear? Or is it that thing where silkscreened values on the switches represent the only things you can do with those switches?
Looks like the up down arrows in Stomp mode can do whatever you want

Hmm.. And I think you can assign the Mode and tap switches to midi assignments at least with the Helix Floor. In the one picture in the manual it looks like those two switches are grayed out

Hmm.. And I think you can assign the Mode and tap switches to midi assignments at least with the Helix Floor. In the one picture in the manual it looks like those two switches are grayed out
I'd have to rethink my preset methods but I think it's doable. I use the EXP to engage the loop and 2 of the 3 stomp switches to engage multiple blocks. I would use either the 3rd Stomp switch or one of the extra XL switches to switch channels on my amp via midi. The question would be to see how using these additional switches would work for switching while not futzing up my switching needs in the preset currently running.
:columbo

I think I am going to set up a preset on my Stomp and do some testing. I'll now pretty quick once I set it up if it will fit my switching style in a gig setting. Thanks for reading the manual to me :whistle :facepalm:rofl:beer

As I am looking at this; all I would need for switching channels on the Boogie is a PC toggle option in command center. Unfortunately; unless I am missing something...I don't see that as an option.

Edited for I got it working to switch, but not toggle. I'll keep futzing with it.

Last edited:
I *think* you can use the switches to toggle snapshots, and you can assign PCs to snapshots.
If I can assign snapshot toggle to just one switch and leave the other 2 dedicated to turning of multiple effects blocks; I'll be good.

41A5063F-48F4-4683-A566-4E8BAC25C82F.jpeg

Once you get everything figured out, let me know. Going to buy a Stomp, Stomp XL, or HXFX eventually. Leaning to a HXFX just because from what I have read in the manual, you can assigned almost any switch to anything you want including midi for amp control, but the fear of missing out on the amps/cabs is strong.

RTFM for me too:horse:rofl

Once you get everything figured out, let me know. Going to buy a Stomp, Stomp XL, or HXFX eventually. Leaning to a HXFX just because from what I have read in the manual, you can assigned almost any switch to anything you want including midi for amp control, but the fear of missing out on the amps/cabs is strong.

RTFM for me too:horse:rofl
You still get IR loading with HXFX. What amps do you have? If the tone isn't relying heavily on power tube saturation your amps preamp and do an iron block maybe all you need to scratch the direct itch. I have a Stomp but am using it in 4CM with an MT15 and use the preamp into an IR at home and it sounds good

So broke down and RTFM. You would be proud of me @the-trooper !
Z4qXPoc.jpg

FS1 engages/disengages dual pitch and dynamic hall for my church riffs. FS2 switches between channel 2 and 3 using snapshot toggle (that are tied to proper PC values of each amp channel) of the MK VII. FS3 engages digital delay block for solo boosts. The tricky part was that I wanted to be able to engage the church or solo boosting independent of the amp channel I am on. Snapshot Bypass setting for the blocks did the trick :chef

Exp to engage trumpets as per usual and I am good to go.

For now.

Until something else comes along.

Back