I did it and I don't feel bad about it

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
@DrewJD82 it's your fault. Teasing me about running my MX5 into the return of the 5153. I put my Helix LT into the return of my EVH 5153, hooked into my newly configured 4x12 cab, and now I dont want to play through it any other way. It's like a drug. I ended up with the Cali IV Lead but every amp I tried was varying amounts of killer tone.

Jumpin Jesus on Pogo Stick!

Holy Smokes!!

precisely-on-schedule-right-on-schedule.gif

@DrewJD82 it's your fault. Teasing me about running my MX5 into the return of the 5153. I put my Helix LT into the return of my EVH 5153, hooked into my newly configured 4x12 cab, and now I dont want to play through it any other way. It's like a drug. I ended up with the Cali IV Lead but every amp I tried was varying amounts of killer tone.

Jumpin Jesus on Pogo Stick!

Holy Smokes!!
But Bob what Bout the Ampero?

:guiness

Well, the hell with it. I ran my dang Mooer capture pedal into the loop of my DSL 100. Wish I would not have.

It sounds better than the amp with a freaking boost!

Bob, you officially suck ;)

It does doesn't it?

I love it when people rediscover guitar cabs. :love

I think it also really helped that while I was re-wiring my cab, I went ahead and lined the entire inside of the cab with 1/2" sound treatment panels that I had. Really warmed it up and made it sound less focused. Not 100% on the science of it but it has to do with eliminating standing waves inside the cab I think. This cab has never sounded so good.

Back